Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Craziness - The "other" Falcon

More Craziness - The "other" Falcon

OK, it's not a Falcon, it's a Comet. Cross your eyes a little and you won't be able to tell the difference.

Here's the story:

Sitting on the couch last Friday night, minding my own business, when I get a text from a friend saying:

I found a car for you. Comet S-22! I think a '64.

To which I replied:

You're buying me a car! What a guy!

To which he replied:

Sure, at half the price!

So, I had him forward me over the pictures he took (attached). It's actually a '62 S-22. I contacted the person he had the number for - who ended up being a Realtor. She mentioned a price, I got excited, but was told it wasn't her car, it was the person who owned the house she was listing. So, I call him Saturday morning and arrange to go look at it.

Long story short, it is the proverbial "little old lady car" (no offense to any little old ladies reading this - we love you) and has 90K miles, perfect interior, paint. Only slight blemishes throughout. Hasn't driven since 1997, tires are rotted and gas is probably syrup, but it is a time capsule.

So after a few days of negotiations we struck a deal and it is coming home with me. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, other than to bring it back to life, but it was something I just couldn't pass up.

I am crazy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Very nice. And a S-22 to boot.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Looks great. Do they make Ghetto Garages double wide? Congrats!

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Hey! You bought MY other car!! I just hadn't found it yet. Always good to have friends looking out for your best interest.

I've always liked the Comet. Will it be cruising to the March meeting??

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Very nice, my wife is jealous....
    Marion Cain

64 Falcon Futura, Grenada Front Disc
    5 Lug Conversion, 302, Still putting together.

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.
    Also here you can find images Here

More Craziness - The "other" Falcon

The Crazy Dude strikes again. What a gorgeous car. Doesn't look like it will take very much to "bring it back to life".
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I don't think it's a 64... as the doors would exchange with my 63 wagon. Comet had the same series as our falcons... 60-63 were called round bodies and 64-65 square.

So at dinner I mentioned to Janice that you bought another car and outlined your collection... wagon; Ranchero; F100; Comet; your daily driver (Explorer?). Her reply "He's single isn't he?"

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

VERY nice car, Roger! I'm glad you finally found something to do again.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Hey looks like a real barn or garage find, what kind of running gear do it have? I think you may need a bigger place to put them all...jh

Very cool!

My dad used to have one......... Very nice! Are we having a sale at Rogers?
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Thanks for the comments guys... I think.

Being a '62 it suffers from the same limitation the Falcon had - a 144 or 170 with, in this case, a 2-speed slush-o-matic. I'm not certain yet how to tell the difference between a 144/170 without measuring stroke or something. A 200/C4 would be nice to add, I'm sure.

I'm sure it deserves a full dose of "while I'm at it" but I intend to just bring it back to life, as is, and see how I feel about it after that. Because it doesn't run I am going to park it over at my ex-brother-in-laws place while I put new tires on it, service the brakes (yes, one WIAT will be a dual M/C), and change all the fluids/sludge. Getting a non-running car into either my garage or carport is like calling the entire club over to help push.

It has been garaged its entire life, but it isn't a 10. More about a 6. I hope to make it at least a 8 just by doing the basic things. Maybe a tech day on a Comet? I'll be sure to supply blinders to everyone so they think it is a Falcon.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"