Thread: Trim Removel

Trim Removel

I have a 62 2 door deluxe Wagon and am installing all new rubber, Can any one tell me how to remove the stainless trim between the two side window.

Very carefully!

Most trim will have fold-over tabs on the end to release them, or will be embedded into rubber gaskets (like the windshield). On my old 2-door wagon I didn't have stainless on the door windows or elsewhere other than windshield, so I'm not sure the answer to those particular pieces. I would be looking at the ends for tabs, or they may be snap-over the edge pieces like the roof gutter stainless. Taking some good photos of the parts you are working on may help to figure it out.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Trim removel

I will snap some photos tomorrow and post hope some one has the answer after that

Trim removel

This upright stainless trim between the side window on my 62 2 door wagon is what i need to remove, there isnt any clip i can see or screws on the back side to remove. Hopefully some one has the answer how to remove them without damaging them. Thanks for help
    Attached Images Attached Images

You still have the rear seat glass and track installed, correct? I think you may see some means of retaining that stainless when you pull that window track out.

Looking at the shop manual they do seem to show some screw in a part behind that stainless, but it may not be seen as long as the stainless and track for the rear seat glass is still in place. This image shows the window track already removed and that may allow the front section of the trim to move outward and unhook from the rear edge.

trim.jpg

These images and those of the manual (or their text) do not make it clear enough to see the exact process.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Trim removel

Thanks for looking at the manual. I have the window track removed on both sides and no screw's or rivet's ether side , On that photo DD it looks like there may be a screw behind the stainless peace but you cant move it up or down , so it must snap on/off but i Don't want to bend it, so Im still stumped

I know the drip rail has one side you hook over and the other side is a snap-over the edge affair. Easy to snap over, but doesn't always like coming off. If you snap a couple more pictures of the edges I might better see what they did. I've done many types of trim removal and they all follow some similitude to something else. The more pictures the better.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"