Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Update pics

I don't know what attracts bugs to the most visible spot on any project...

Looking great!

Update pics

Especially when I spent so much time closing off the garage with walls, plastic and filters. Must have looked like a great big yellow light bulb to the bug. Just getting tired of screwing things up and having to resand this thing so many times. Sooner or later though I am going to be finished with the paint. Someone asked me last year if I was going to have it on the road by spring. Well, not last spring and probably not this spring. Still shooting for summer I guess.

Update pics

This post is getting large so I will not apply any other updates and will start a new one after this. Just wanted to share that I finally got the body section of my car all polished out. I think it looks OK for a newby painter and I still need to polish out the dash and a few other parts. See you Wednesday if the good Lord is willing. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    This post is getting large so I will not apply any other updates and will start a new one after this.
    You could use the blog feature of the site for this stuff. That's why it's there. It's a great place for long term projects.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Lookin good

Its looking great Larry. You should be proud. You do very nice work.
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Ah... you can go a couple more pages without worry. The forum doesn't care and I think it's best to keep it all in one spot. I think my interior thread went 3 or 4 pages deep and I'll continue it there when I ever get back to finishing it up in there.

Looking sweet though. I see a June tech day coming up...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Update pics

Mentioning a tech day makes me wonder about something. Since it's been over 2 years ago that I dismantled my little project I am wondering if there is a good process to follow for reconstruction.
    Since the engine and transmission are in the car and they haven't been fired/tested I see the next step in the build process being electrical installations. Then the dash equipment, steering wheel, then interior so I can sit in the thing and fire up the engine. After that new exhaust. Then rubber seals, glass,etc.
    Is that a decent chronological order or do you all have preferred processes that you've followed. Thanks for any input. Larry

Seems pretty logical to me. Obviously you don't want to install things just to have to remove them again, so think things through as to whether putting something in/on is going to make it hard to put something else in/on. Window weatherstripping is one place it is easy to put something on and then have to pull it. Don't put the belt-line fuzzies in until the glass is in the door, for instance. That stuff is really only made to be put in, not taken out and reused. The clips like to pull out of the parts really easy.

You could also fire it up with minimal wiring, if you wanted to. If it's a first run though, you really want to make sure it can run a little bit if it's got conventional cam/lifters. If roller rockers, not quite so important. But to have radiator hooked up and something for exhaust would be good.

I bought a x-pipe kit from Summit really cheap and only needed to make a couple runs to the muffler shop and I put in a decent exhaust in my pickup that way. Might be worth considering so you can drive it to get what you really want to get - or live with it for a little while.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"