Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stella's Re-Birth

Stella's Re-Birth

Please bare with me as I start this post. I will first tell you about Stella then start posting images and work so far done.

Stella was purchased by me April 29th 2011, In Everett, Wa. I found Stella at a house that was burnt down while I was on the job making a Delivery for Concrete Tech, the Owner at the time just happened to show up 5 minutes before I was ready to leave, as luck would have it i chatted with him for about 20 minutes and took his number down to make him an offer. I have loved the Falcon since my Jr High School days.

Here?s the information on Stella 1964 Futura 2 Door Sedan (Bench) :

BODY CODE ? Body 62B = Futura 2 Door Sedan (Bench)
    EXTERIOR COLOR ? Color J = Red ? Rangoon Red
    INTERIOR TRIM CODE ? Trim 651 = Red Crush all Vinyl
    DATE OF MANUFACTURE ? DATE L = November 01, 1963
    DISTRICT CODE (DSO) ? District 72 = San Jose
    REAR AXLE RATIO CODES ? Axle Code 3 = 3.20:1 non locking differential
    TRANSMISSION CODE ? Trans 3 = Fordomatic (2 speed) Automatic
    ASSEMBLY PLANT CODE ? CODE R = San Jose
    ENGINE CODE ? ENGINE CODE U = 170 Cu Inch Inline 6
    For 1963 production in San Jose, Stella was the 14582nd car built there.
    What has changed so far?
    As I purchased it.
    Engine = 1971 rebuilt V8 302
    Transmission = C4 4 speed automatic shift kit, and B&M shifter
    Rear End = POSI ? (will look into this and others)
    Wheels = Centerline 5 lug rear 4 lug fronts
    Seats = Not original or falcon Quality
    Steering wheel = If your handcuffed you can drive it. (Changing this soon)
    Rear Lower seat = Burnt to a crisp (The previous owner went to sleep with a lit Cigarette)

May 1st 2011 I started removing the interior, only to find the surface rust in the floor pans, which is a good thing. However I found that the front bucket seats are not compatible with this car, they came from an early model Montego. So the search is on to replace the full interior.

The Interior is completely gutted now and that includes the headliner, carpet, seats, dash panels, all but the steering wheel and the wiring harness is siting on the garage shelf waiting to get the body in for work so it can all go back into its rightful place. So I guess its time to sit and wait on time? in the mean time I am researching places to get replacement parts for those that are not usable or missing.

Hope I dont make you fall asleep during the Re-Birth Process here.
    Marion Cain

64 Falcon Futura, Grenada Front Disc
    5 Lug Conversion, 302, Still putting together.

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.
    Also here you can find images Here

Since getting Stella, and taking time to Gut the Interior I have found some great people out here to help along the way, (Mainly this Group). I started to search out the front end parts first of all. here is a list of the way I started aquiring front end parts for the 5 lug conversion.

EBAY and CRAIGSLIST is where I started I purchased for a good deal a set of 5 lug 1965-66 mustang spindles with brake drums. Then i found the full set up from Brake lines to Drums cleaned and retreated, so there's my set set of Spindles. OK money was going fast LOL.

Now after buying my house in Lacey and Driving Stella to her new home. (24x36 foot detached garage) A Mechanic friend of mine runs across the Full Grenada conversion a guy just removed from his Mustang. a little more cash and now its mine and i own 3 sets of Spindles.

In the mean time i have ripped Stella's front end out from under her and fitted her with New Upper and Lower Arms along with center link designed for better handling in 65 1/2 from Laural Mountain Mustangs, with the Grenada Disc brake conversion.

So now here I sit, Setting up getting the Windows removed this next weekend and taking trim off to play with Stella's body.

I'm posting images next with just a few words to show Stella when I first got her home. Sure glad I don't live in those apartments now.
    Marion Cain

More about my falcon can be found here. Codes and a short video of Stella when I first got here.

Images

Dash, Engine, Left side, and trunk Images. this is basically after I took items off but you see what im starting with here. Ok that is it for now until I take other images during the removal of windows and trim.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marion Cain

A few more images of the new living quarters in the non heated 24x36 garage behind my house.

Stella with Her brother BadAss in their new home, Old worn out feet, new disc feet.
    Marion Cain

I blurred out the background because I stole this image but this is close to what i want to do with Stella, the Photoshop here is due to the only post I found that looks good and it was red I changed it to suit my taste of what I would want. I am sure the wheels wont be the same. it looks like the Trim is going to stay, even if this is just Photoshopped its damn good looking for a POST Car.....
    Marion Cain

Nice looking car to start with Marion. Do you plan on keeping her running while you fix her up the way you want??

My plan is to pull the engine soon so I can clean the engine bay and re route wires. While it is out I will get all seals replaced add a 4 barrel and see if any internal parts need replaced. I spotted some leaks so now is the best time monkey with it.
    Marion Cain

Today was a great day, Al stopped by I got his Ebrake fixed that little spring was a pain in the RUMPPPPP.

Stella Work Today:

All windows, all trim, front fenders, Hood, all removed and to my surprise I feel like I got a great car. I'm adding a section of images sorry about the quality I was to excited to set my camera up correct.

next few post will have images in them to show the condition of Stella....
    Marion Cain

A few more images of Stella from today.
    Marion Cain

I better go redo images and set my camera up these look like crap Sorry...
    Marion Cain

Here is a few more images.
    Marion Cain

Headed way up North on Saturday to check on a few parts for Stella wish me luck... Fenders Steering wheel and hopefully more.
    Marion Cain

Looking very good Marion! Bringing back fond memories...

On the camera issue you mentioned, I try to use a flash or a faster shutter. I know when I take all my pictures (I take a lot of them too) I'm not always a fan of those with the flash added, but that's about the only way to take steady shots without a tripod.

Keep 'em coming either way.

Good luck on the parts search. I have a lot of parts too, so don't hesitate to post what you need. Maybe we'll have it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"