Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Well, I have the car down at the work shop now and will blast it again today. So this weekend I will fix the cowl vent areas and maybe get the replacement cowl in and possibly the dash as well. After that I am moving on to the lower front rocker pieces.
    I figured I would work my way from the front to the back. Anyway it is what it is and that is all that it is??

OK so here is where we are at now. Cut out the old cowl and put in the new one, replaced the upper cowl piece, and got the new dash in as well. I should get my sub-frame connectors in today so those can go in next week, and I will start on the floors. Talked with my buddy that sprays metal and we will do all of the floors top and bottom when the new panels are in. So enjoy the pics and let me know what you think.
    I got in a hurry and forgot to take A picture of the lower cowl installed! OOps, trust me it looks just like the upper does. Steve...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hope you filled in the swiss cheese in that cowl before fitting the top.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Thanks for the regular updates. It's fun to watch and learn with you. Jeff

Nice job!!!!

Nice job Steve, looks like you are making good progress. Keep it up!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I wish I wouldn't have brain farted, I replace that whole lower cowl piece with a good one. The one in the pic is the one I replaced.. The replacement piece had no holes or rust on it and I powder coated it before I welded it in place. The upper is powder coated as well as the dash. That is that new primer powder I was talking about before. I think a little more clean up on the welds and it is off to work on the rockers and sub-frame connectors. After that the front floors go back in. It is nice to be putting some part back on the car for a change.

Nice job Steve! Glad to see it's going together for you. I know you've got a lot more to go. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on your progress!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Monday update

Got to work on the sedan this Sunday for a few hours, so here is what got done.
    Sub-Frame connectors are in. Nice units.
    Cut out passenger front rocker and replaced with good metal. Took a lot of fitment time but came out pretty good. I put the door in place with bungee cords just to see how it looked. Now I need to do the same on the driver side and it will be off to the floor pans. Speaking of floor pans, I spoke with my metal spraying buddy and he said we will spray the whole floor top and bottom when I am ready. He said we will use a zinc- alluminum mix and it will fill all the small holes and rust proof the cars floors. I will take lots of pictures of that.
    Anyway enjoy the new pics and as always comments good or bad are always welcome. Later Steve.

Reconstruction has begun.

Great update Steve. I don't think you are afraid to tackle anything. I would be a little aprehensive in some of this stuff. Thanks for keeping us up to speed with the work. Larry

Thanks. I just don't know if it is no fear, or too dumb to know any better. But like they say, you don't know until you try. Besides Roger said he would come and fix anything I mess up.

Besides Roger said he would come and fix anything I mess up.
    Did I say that? I must have been hallucinating.

Steve, just let me know when to come. I'm good at applying Bondo. Or I could just bring my texture hopper and then paint it with latex paint. That's what you do, isn't it?

Badbird said: I don't think you are afraid to tackle anything.
    Actually I think it's more a case of ignorance is bliss. I would be afraid. Very afraid.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"