Thread: LOOKING FOR - 4 bolt 15" wheels

LOOKING FOR - 4 bolt 15" wheels

We are in the final stages of a rotiserie restoration, along the way we upgraded the front brakes to power disc brakes. Now we want to give the full wheel-well look without going too big, so I think 15" wheels would look great, but I am having a tough time finding a 15" with a 4 bolt pattern.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than going to a new rear end and new front spindles?

thanks

I don't think they made them from Ford, did they? You'll probably only find 14" stock.

Contact Stockton Wheel - they can make anything, almost.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I think you're right. I've only seen 14" four-lug. There are different versions that take either a small or large wheel cover. That allows for more room on the inside to convert to disk brakes.

They also make some adapters but I don't know if they'll work in this particular instance. Also, I would do a lot of research on the safety of these. They may have gotten better with more modern material but they used to be a little sketchy and prone to breaking at high speeds. Probably not fun!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Been checking around an no one seems to recomend the wheel adaptors, and top it off when you do find them they want almost as much as each wheel.

I have located a couple places that do have something similar to the steel wheels for a reasonable price, right around $100 each wheel, not bad considering these will just bolt up.

Question is do I need to get a specific off-set since I went discs in the front?

If so, how to I calculate it?

I bought some 15" wheels for mine and they fit nicely. I ordered them in a 15x6 (cant remember the offset but I will see if I can measure soon for you) from Early Wheel Company in Morro Bay California. I also ordered the 40 Ford hubcaps for them due to preference however the old dog dish falcon caps from my 61 fit on them if you go that route.
    No matter where you go, there you are...

i hve disc brakes on the front of my 65 falcon and am running 14's with the use of a very thin spacer behind the front wheels havent had any probs they fit between the hub and the wheel but have been told the thin ones are not too bad hope this helps