Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to The FalconForum

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    OK, sorry to be a PITA, but 2 KB picture for the sig is like non-existent. I checked both Patrick's and Kenny's to get a feel for what theirs is, and they are far bigger than 2 KB. I can't figure a way to get a 500x100 pic to go below 20kb. Help!

Kenny's is 8.62 KB and Patrick's is 6.92 KB (according to Photoshop).
    Pick pick. I upped the limits for your usergroup. It should be fine now.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

This is great, guys- nice work Kenny and Pat! I noticed in the Member's list on the main page that there are pics of Gary's and Al's cars- are all of the pics from the old page going to be transferred over? Kenny has the only decent digital pic of my car as either he or Roger doctored it up a bit so I don't have it myself. Also, is there a way that one of you can add it to my profile so it appears when I post?

Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    This is great, guys- nice work Kenny and Pat! I noticed in the Member's list on the main page that there are pics of Gary's and Al's cars- are all of the pics from the old page going to be transferred over? Kenny has the only decent digital pic of my car as either he or Roger doctored it up a bit so I don't have it myself. Also, is there a way that one of you can add it to my profile so it appears when I post?
    I'll work with Kenny on that. Anyone can send a photo to me or Kenny and we can edit it to fit this forum.
    Patrick Brown

Thumbs up

Cool- and this place has fast service, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post

Thor
    Thor,

I edited a picture and I'm pretty sure I sent it to Kenny. If it got lost, I still have it and can resend it.

And now I can get a signature photo too, now that we don't have to try to make them 2K. Thanks for taking care of that Patrick.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Check the memberlist now Thor. I figured out how to add a photo to your profile.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks, Kenny! What the heck's an avatar?

I just filled some information into my profile. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to expand on this either in the member's list or somewhere else on the site in the future. I'm not puting the current setup down as I was thinking about this before the new site went up. I think it would be cool to have a larger space to tell about yourself and have a picture with the owner and thier car- see this website to understand what I'm talking about. http://www.hellsbellescarclub.com/ This would allow those who don't make it to the meetings to know who they are talking to online. Or, I suppose this could just be done in the thread for posting pictures!
    Last edited by Sedanman; October 12th, 2006 at 07:08 PM. Reason: forgot to say something
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

The avatar is the small image to the left of your username at the top of your posts. Mine is the man next to the car. You can get an image off the web or come up with something yourself. It's limited to 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

There's a supplemental program you can buy that has a photo gallery so we may get that later if there's enough in the budget. For now, we may be able to add some places in the member's profiles to put additional info and allow the biography field to have more space to type.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I just added 36 generic Avatars that members can choose from. Go to http://www.avatarist.com/ if you don't see anything that you like and upload it.
    Patrick Brown

Increased Bio Field Size

I changed the Bio field to have more data area. Anyone can add to that in the user profile area. Click on "My Account" from the home page.
    Patrick Brown

You guys are awesome While we're on a roll, is there a way I can take take the picture of my car from the members list and add it to my profile so it show's when I post like you guys have done?

I've posted an event in the upcoming events forum, but can't seem to put it on the calender. Can one of you guys with high security clearance please add it as an ongoing event when you have a chance? Thanks!
    Last edited by Sedanman; October 15th, 2006 at 07:43 PM.
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch