Thread: Way down in Salem

Way down in Salem

I don't see any Falcon clubs down here. I bought a 64 Sprint off ebay from Kenniwick. Been doing the rebuild. Virtually a no rust car. It was original from Susanville , CA then to Hermiston, OR and rebuilt then to Kenniwick in the early 2000. I had a black on black Sprint in high school so it has special memories.The one I had in high school I put a Mach 1 351 Winsor and 9" in it with 4:11s. Shut down all the ElCaminos and Chevelles with 454's...LOL .Only stop light to stop light. This one is 330 HP 302 with AOD. Hope to hook up with you guys soon...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ray Agen
    Dynasty Green 64 Sprint, 300 hp 302, AOD

Welcome to the forum Ray. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Way down in Salem

Welcome and we are glad to have you on the forum. The closest Falcon Club of America Chapter to you is the Columbia River Chapter in Woodland Washington. The president of that chapter is Allen Shade. You can get in touch with them if you want to via FCA website. Or on our resources page. Again. Welcome Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

That's a sweet looking car Ray. Pretty aggressive tread on those rear tires...looks like you'd been racing on some dirt roads!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

That was my high school car 45 yrs ago in Anchorage. Here's the new one before tear down.[ATTACH]$_57 (3).jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ray Agen

The engine is the current new on. 300 hp 302.
    Ray Agen

I'll echo the other guys, Ray. Nice looking car..... And Welcome.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Sir Ray,

Enjoy the new ride! Looks really straight. Motor looks clean.

Not pushing you away by any means, but try to hook up with the Columbia River Chapter group for your more local connection. We're a pretty active group and forum for a FCAl chapter and have forum members from all over the world, but don't forget to reach out to the C.R.C. for any hands-on help. They have the bottom end of WA and most of Oregon.

Are you going to try and return to your car to a more original look or leave it as-is? I liked the old picture Sprint with the lift kit and knobby tires. We did what was needed back then. I had a '62 near the end of High School and still remember [as a poor teenager] driving up to a weld shop in the ultra-small town I went to school and worked in and asking them how much they'd charge to torch out my wheel wells to make my tires fit. They did it for FREE! That was how I did flares back then. Filled the inside of the car with smoke when I did a burn-out. Good times!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"