Thread: Odd items

Odd items

This has nothing to do with cars, I don't think. I have some items that I don't know what they are or what they are used for.
    One has the wheels on it, and it may be used in fishing rod construction? I have four of them.
    The other is a half moon shape, with a very strong magnet. I have hundreds of these.
    Any clues? Thanks Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

One is for your refrigerator door and one is for Carol to hang stuff on, like ear rings and other jewelry.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Sadly this game show was cancelled. Maybe I am the only one who remembers it.

The Liars Club

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar%27s_Club

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Odd items

I found out what the one thing is for. I have four of them, and you place a fishing rod blank in the wheels that allow the blank to be turned while tying the eyelets onto the blank. BUT.........Carol saw Rogers answer and now has one in the bedroom with earrings on it. KIDDING.
    As far as the magnets go, the refrigerator answer might just win the liars club debut in the Rainier Falcon club game.
    Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I found out what these magnets are...

Computer Hard Drive magnets.

Having seen the intense strength of these first-hand (or should I say "Larry's" hand) I grabbed a couple from him and will find something to do with them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Odd items

Where in the heck did you get that picture? I lost some blood over those things. Those are strong magnets and they bite hard. If anyone wants some, let me know. I have a bunch of them. Just be careful. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    If anyone wants some, let me know. I have a bunch of them. Just be careful. Larry
    Hi Larry, I would be interested I buying some magnets from you. I am building some wall mounted bottle openers for gifts and this looks like a better option to insert in tho the backside to catch the caps before the hit the ground. My prototype uses a magnet from Harbor Freight that isn't that strong, especially with the 1/4" of wood over the top. You could bring them to the September meeting if you are still in town. I will build a couple extra with a Falcon logo to donate to the Spring Swap Meet in Monroe.

Hope your car troubles are solved soon.

odd Items

Jeff, I am not sure when the meeting is, but I will bring some then if we are not headed to Tucson yet. You don't have to buy them, I will give them to you. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Larry - that should be the 3rd Wednesday in September - assuming I'm in town too. Crazy year and all. If I am in town, but you will not be - you can send a few more my way for Jeff. If I'm not in town, but you are, you can run the meeting and bring some to Jeff yourself.

(Like how I slipped that in? )

Oh, and these should actually pull the cap off the bottle too! They are insanely strong magnets.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"