Thread: Carburetor Info

Carburetor Info

The carb on the wagon has been giving me some problems lately and I just found out that it's not worth fixing. I'd been considering replacing it with a WEBER 32 /36 DGV and it looks like now is the time. The car's at Edmonds Automotive and I need to know what is required in the way of a kit or adaptor to put the Weber on. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get this done ASAP because I plan on taking the car and teardrop to the LeMay Open House this Friday for the Saturday event.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Kelly

Some info can be found on page 35 of Rogers big thread:

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...=weber&page=35

He went a different direction and is likely ready to sell that unused adapter. You would still need to make the Kenny Plate to orient things if you removed the water heating spacer.

If you are in a Pinch I can lend you my single barrel off my 200. I won'tbe needing it for a few months. It ran fine two years ago when I bought the engine set-up.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Thanks, Jeff. I'll look at Roger's thread. Thanks for the offer of your single barrel, I'll let you know if I need it.

I'm afraid I won't be much help on the conversion as I haven't started mine yet. I'll be going the same route ss Roger... but you will be hard pressed to get that custom block done before Friday.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I think you're right about getting the block done by Friday. Maybe I go to LeMay pulling the teardrop with a "regular" vehicle. Oh well, at least I'll be there and still get to look at all the cars.

Kelly - I have a factory-replacement Holley 1-barrel (what Ford sold as a replacement when they discontinued the Autolite 1100) that was used on my wagon, rebuilt and then used on the Ranchero until I did the Weber upgrade. It is available (forever) if you want to still take your wagon to the show by Friday. Just sitting in a box in my garage. I know you had a very unique carb as I recall, but the Holley would adapt just fine.

The weber update can be done using the Stovebolt adapter, which I have one of (going to collect dust as well, otherwise), but even still it needs a few other adaptations to make it work (a plate Kenny had to make and linkage changeover). Not a 3-day job unless you either a) have a lot of time, or b) a lot of money to pay someone who does.

Jeff, I understand, is gonna do it the way I did it. He's making a copy of my custom adapter I'm told. Mine took days to make, but works very slick.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"