Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 302 for Smithkid

I asked Roger to come over and bring his Ranchero so i could get measurements to mount my tonneau. He did, and we did. Here is a pic of the result.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Nice work guys! I love the way those things look and I'm sure they're especially useful up here in the wet NW.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

That looks awesome Gene. Keep your Falcon skills sharp, the delivery is going back together soon.

Very nice work guys!!!!!!!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Wow! Didn't realize, I hadn't posted to this thread for quite some time. My Lexus buckets aren't even in here. Another thread is going on regarding audio system, and it reminded me to post this pic. I didn't go anywhere near as fancy as some of the systems in you guys' cars, but here's my old school, simpler approach (Bazooka). It sounds good, even though not the fanciest (I don't like the THUMP!).

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I don't recall Jim Reeves having much thump - but it'll help make him sound gooder than before. Can't wait to hear it!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Buttoned up the first of my current winter projects! Installed the 1-wire alternator I had purchased this past summer. Added a fuse block as others have done to facilitate this. The positive terminal on the starter solenoid was getting very short with quite a few in-line fuses hanging from it, so this is now a bit cleaner. I got an unexpected benefit. The engine bay is now a bit quiter. The old alternator must have been getting a bit long in the tooth. This one is quieter.

On to the next project.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Can't beleive it's been 2 years since i added to this thread! I have always hated the color of the carpeting I put in my car! So.... for one of my winter-time projects, I'm changing to a much more pleasing (to me) color. Dark Blue. The old was a much lighter blue that the missus called garish blue. I recently acquired a full box of Dyna-Mat that I will add to the bed-liner material I previously applied. WIAI, I never replaced the firewall pad, so that's in the mix, too. Also, WIAI, the old accelerator linkage is gonna be updated to a cleaner, simpler setup. Whew, that disease is definitely still going around! Oh,yeah.... gotta install the recently re-painted grill also (small change).
    Hope I can get it all done B/4 the upcoming show season.
    Last edited by SmithKid; January 10th, 2017 at 11:35 AM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

302 for Smithkid

Good luck Gene, let me know if you need help. As soon as I get this stupid rear end back in my car, I am so darn lazy lately, but will try to get mine done asap. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    Hope I can get it all done B/4 the upcoming show season.
    It will happen if I have anything to say about it! :we need a whip cracker emoji:

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"