Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Window Stuff

I had a feeling they wouldn't just end those pieces like that. Glad you found them. Considering they didn't really do much to keep water out of the doors and what-not, it wouldn't surprise me if that gap was normal. I'd probably use the black seam sealer (rope stuff) and just fill it up. It's not like it's going to get wet often.

Jerry, when you are answering, look between the post you are typing in and the old posts and you should see a Manage Attachments. If you click on that you'll get a new window where you can first choose a file and then upload it once you have it chosen. There is a limit to the size they can be, so make sure you don't select a file over the limits posted. I find if I post a 1024x768 image with fairly decent quality, it's right at 200k size.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Window Stuff

Sounds like a plan. I'll do it tomorrow. Thanks

I have attached a picture.There is no gap. The guy at TFFN probably did mean the strip that goes the length of the drip rail or he could have meant the short trim piece that is horizontal although I don't believe that actually serves any purpose. Doesn't anyone have a 64 they could look at???

Jerry

P1000102.JPG

P1000104.JPG

Window Stuff

Holy crap! Mine sure didnt have that part when I dismantled it. Not sure if it should be on mine though. Any 64 futura hardtop owners know?? Guess I can go back in the crawl space under my house and dig through some more )&^%(_) to see if it's there.

Here is a 64 with a vinyl roof I found on he HAMB. Maybe you should be looking for these bigger pieces in your stash?

I found a used set that sold on ebay last month - this link may still be active - they sold for $176.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...62506&viewitem=

For that kind of money you better put on your coveralls and get lookin' in the crawlspace.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Window Stuff

Did the crawling routine last night and nothing down there. I think I am going to seal up the small gap like Roger recommended and forget the trim look. I think I like the looks of the roof line without the trim. When I put the gutter trim on it looks pretty good. I am going to look for better condtioned gutter trim for the future though.

Window stuff redux

Before you give up there is one more resource I thought of. That is if he is still in business. Ron Boesl at NW Classic Falcons might be able to find the parts and/or at least tell you exactly what goes where . He knows Falcons about as well as anyone I have ever talked to except maybe Roger. The last number I had for him was 503-241-9454. He lives in Portland. There is also some info regarding his old company on the forum under local resources. That black string stuff from 3m is a good choice. I fixed some leaks in my mailbox 5 years ago with it and it still is working and has not hardened. Too bad they don't make it in clear.

Jerry

Keep in mind if your car had these there would have been holes you filled and there would be evidence of holes inside if you filled them. These holes are not easily accessible as I recall from them being put on (or looking to put them on) at Jerry's.

And for the record - I know my wagon pretty well, but wouldn't hold a candle to either of the Ron's (the one Jerry mentioned, or the one at Falconparts.com). I just read a lot.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"