Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    I have a rear end housing to coat so I may come along.
    Cool - a hot-pink rear-end.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    $200
    Maybe if enough parts from others can help reduce the fuel costs in the oven. But I'm better served putting that kind of money in actual parts I need. We'll see how much stuff comes up. I wouldn't put front-end parts through the oven, but backing plates and the 4 wheels I just got from Gene... maybe.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Cool If you have fewer parts I would still do them. Just sandblast them down to clean white metal and the rest is easy.

Sure send the hood over. I have 3 but they all need some sort or repair work. Hopefully I can find one that needs the least amount of body work. Did I mention how much I am enjoying body work???

Thanks Steve

I have a florescent Orange too if you want to be safe Roger??
    Patrick bring the rear axle and we could do it too. Same rule apply, stripped down but most important on those is as grease and oil free as possible. Tends to stink up when heated.. If everyone is looking for that chassis black color we could just fire up the big oven and do it all at once.
    Last edited by doghows; February 17th, 2011 at 08:21 AM.

Rear-end Deja Vu

Why do I feel like I've done this before?

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...ead.php?t=1121

Why do I feel like I've done this before?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; May 29th, 2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added link
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Keep that thing stripped down and we w ill powder it up. If you want to bring what you want done and I will powder it up and you can through whatever you want into a donation can. I really don't care about the money. Just want to share what I have with the club. The ovens are pretty inexpensive to run, and powder costs about $10-$20lb depending on color. So I would say let just get er dun!!!
    Anyway offer stands. Keep us posted on the yellow submarine..

Well - I wasn't going to take it that far down - but really I'm only a few bolts away from that now. I can't sand-blast it though.

I think, just to make it worth the effort to fire up an oven, I'll bring the rear-end, 4-rims, and the brake backing plates. I'm going to just paint the various front-end parts (because I already have).

Then you can pass the offering plate - hallelujah.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Sounds OK to me. Can you have the wheels blasted or will that need to be done here?? The axle housing would take about 20 minutes in the blast room at best, wheel sometimes take a bit depending on what they have on them now. And if Mr. brown wants to bring his we may as well fill that big oven up. It is 8'X8'X20' long so plenty of room. So if we are going to do this, everybody clean up your stuff and come over and we will get it done...

I have a smallish blast cabinet at work that would require me standing there for 2 hours per wheel - best guess. These are all still the stock Ford wheels with 1965 paint on them.

At the very least, maybe I'll just blast the faces of them with your big blaster - and then paint them. Not really sure if I want them chassis black of some other color - like red. The interior will be red and black in whatever combination of stuff I find cheap. A headliner is coming, it is red. If I keep that bench seat - it is black.

As for the rear-end, it is really clean on the outside, but really rusty. I think the thing sat in a field since the mid-80's. But I will rinse the inside out with solvent to get her as clean as new. No smokie.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Perfect. As far as the wheels the only issue we might have would be time. I could blast the rear housing and all four wheels in about an hour if it is just old paint. I have several reds in stock so if you want them red I say do it. I can run the small oven and just rotate the carts like I do on a normal day.
    We will just see what comes over and go from there. If we cut the cars up quickly we can spend a little more time on the pretty stuff...

Steve, I don't imagine spending more than a half hour hacking off those quarter panels (famous last words, I know). But yeah, with Patrick's rear-end and mine and 4 wheels, and 4 backing plates (and I think that's it from me - I'll paint the rest), that's probably more time blasting than coating... me thinks.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; January 10th, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"