Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is the newest...

Here is the newest...

OK finally got off my butt and got some serious work done on the 62 Ranchero. So far I have put on new exhaust, new tires, powder coated the wheels, replaced the entire front suspension, replaced the entire steering system, and ??? Good thing I have been colecting junk, I mean parts for a while now.
    I had to replace the head gaskets and reset the valves and so forth, but she is running like a champ now. The new Radiator will be here today and that should fix the last of the cooling issues. I think the PO used the 6 cyl radiator with the 289 conversion. Sure looks the same as the one in the 65.
    Anyway one more trip to the alignment shop and she will be driving around. Hopefully I will keep this one around for a bit and bring it over. So here are the long awaited pics I promised about a month ago...
    Attached Images Attached Images

And a few more....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a pretty solid runner from here. Those seats look familiar.

I see what looks to be water on the floor inside, is that coming from the cowl? If so, they make a magnetic cover for those - you can get them off ebay for $20 or so - and will keep the cowl dry-er. If you want venting during the summer, take it off and stick it to the back wall.

V8...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

The water is from the secret compartment, I need to reseal the seams but the rust is very minimal. After the Radiator tonight on to the small detail stuff...

Uh hum...
    the secret compartment is below and fed from the cowl area. As you know, I'm sure. That lip above the rubber booty is supposed to be high enough to hold back the tide. Or not have any holes in it. I know, I know... details, details.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

And have I ever told you the story about the "secret compartment" and how it saved my bacon when I was a youth driving in my 62 Futura?

Probably not something I should post on-line. Wouldn't want everyone knowing my shady past.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Not that secret compartment, the one behind the seating area. The one you sealed off for your stereo box. I have to pull that panel up and seam seal it back up down there. It has a very small leak at one of the pinch welds.

OH... Never had that secret compartment as a youth. But yeah, that one, had I had it back then... might have gotten me into big trouble.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"