Thread: Club Meeting Jan 16th 2019

Club Meeting Jan 16th 2019

Here we are, moments away from (or for you... being in) a new year. Happy New Year!

For me this last year has been a whirlwind of mostly non-Falcon stuff, but things are finally slowing down and I can focus a little better on what's up with the club. My remodel is done, I'm moved in, my northern estate is sold and closing this week (fingers crossed), and though I don't have a garage - or a reliable Ranchero - things on those fronts are jelling.

To me, and I suspect to most of you, it is clear "all things Rainier Falcons" has been slowly fading. Hopefully that doesn't continue to happen. I know some key members have sold their cars and some have moved further away. Combining that with new members not flowing in to fill their places her, or at the meetings, we need bodies and participation to be a club. It's sort of how this all works. Although you can't replace those folks (and I'm not suggesting we can) we need those of you, who still have an interest, to show your interest in the form of participation. So...

...if you are interested in maintaining the club in the new year - your chance is right around the corner.

In a couple weeks it will be time for us to meet and hopefully this gives you a good forewarning. Please make an effort to come by whether you have a running car - or not. If it runs and the weather is good, please try to bring it.

We will meet at our usual spot:

University Village Burgermaster
    3040 NE 45th St.
    Seattle, WA 98105

Date: Weds., January 16th
    Time: 7PM

Please come at least 15 minutes early, or earlier, especially if you want to grab a bite to eat before the meeting. This will allow us to start on-time.

Look for us inside the Burgermaster just to the upper right-side of the cashiers (in the raised dining area). As has been the case a few times, if you get there and the folks sitting there are not obviously car folk - that's not us. In that case look around for the more grizzled-looking group of mostly guys elsewhere in the restaurant. We'll do our best to exude Falcon to help you locate us.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; January 16th, 2019 at 01:49 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Happy New Year! Club

Carol and I plan on attending. Hope to see a bunch of you there. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I'm hoping to make it, too.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Won't be able to make it as I'm having neck surgery on the 8th and won't be driving yet.

On a side note, paperwork for the new Inland Northwest Chapter has been turned in to the national board to encompass eastern WA and north ID. There are a few of us in eastern WA on the Rainier roll but I'm pretty sure hardly any of us have done much. I think I've been able to make one chapter meeting.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

I'll be there if Jeff brings his wagon (and i'm not travelling for work)
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Hey everyone. I've been out of town for a while and missed sending the general email - but it appears that feature is currently unavailable, to me anyway. Can't find the option in the ADMIN section now. I was going to send a quick mail just to do it, but can't.

I hope some of you just know to come and if we miss you, we'll catch up with you next time.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"