Thread: Looking for a pin

Looking for a pin

I'm looking for the pin that is common to the left rear emergancy lever, which attaches to the rear brake shoe and is held in place by a c type clip. See attacnment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was looking for some weird brake parts many years ago and just stopped into a brake shop on Aurora and they had bins full of small parts used on various makes and models over the years.

I would try a specialty brake shop in your area first and see if they can help. If not, I may have some and I could put a couple in an envelope. I have a box stashed away downstairs somewhere so I would have to go check to be sure.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks for the reply, I'll try some of the shops around Renton in the morning. I was at 4 auto part stores this morning and came up empty.
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let me check my jun I mean parts cars. I bet I have some of those.. If I do I will post it here and bring it with me on Saturday...

Thanks for your efforts, I struck out at 3 local shops today. Seems like all the old brake shops in Renton have been sold and the old owners took all the good stuff with them. I'll keep looking, if you find any let me know. That would get me out of the house on Saturday for a road trip to Gene's
    place.
    Thanks,
    Darren

Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, I looked through my box of greasy, dirty brake parts and that's not one of them. Might be more of a challenge than I thought!!

I suppose if you got desperate you could find a bolt the same diameter as the hole in the shoe. One where the threads end an inch or so before the head. Cut it to length and Dremel a groove for the retainer. Might work until you find the real McCoy??

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Kenny,
    Thanks for trying. I'll keep looking for awhile then might have to give your idea a try. I might head down to Southend Auto Wrecking in the morning and see what they might have. At least I know that it's called a pivot pin, per the local NAPA store guy anyway.

Darren
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think the pin part is the same on the 9" levers, and I yanked all that off my Ranchero and won't be using it. I'll look out there tomorrow and see what I have.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"