Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mini Regional

2014 Mini Regional

I'm starting this thread to begin getting everyone thinking about how they can help make this happen. This can't be a one person job coordinating this, let's all look at doing one bit of this each. Here are some of the tasks, but if there are some I missed, post them and I'll append my post to add them.

• Location scout.

• Sponsors - typically would supply Raffle parts. Local and larger Falcon vendors would be contacted.

• Food options.

• Awards

• Entry Forms

• Mailings

• Contact FCA newsletter
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Count me in for anything I can do from over here. I know I'm not in the ideal location to do much but phone calls or mailing but I'm willing and able..
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

I could take on some of the graphics tasks like awards, forms, mailings. I'm sure I could talk Joanna into helping out.

Anyone good at project management? We should probably chart out some deadlines we need to meet to hit our target date. We definitely need lots of volunteers to help pull this off but I think it would be good to have one person who keeps everyone aware of deadlines.

And have a few meetings separate of the general meetings to work out details.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Agreed. I do project management, so I guess I'll be working on that. My big work project is ending this next week, so I'll have more free brain soon. Art and mailings are yours Kenny. Right up your alley. Joanna too.

Steve, you are good at "getting stuff" it seems, maybe you can be the vendor caller. Get some sponsored give away items in exchange for advertising. We'll put together a bunch of goodie bags with maybe even some coupons if they don't want to offer hard goods. Does Doghows PC have bags? For that matter a good vendor could be you. A Raffle coupon for x-amount in PC.

Larry at a previous meeting indicated he's contact Lemay, but are you out there Larry? Should we reassign this? Location and cost, and available dates are critical early issues to nail-down.

Obviously cost is an issue. We will want to determine a max budget for this. Maybe even buy from our Cafepress some schwag at our price. It's not a money maker, per se, so costs must be kept low, or we can sell some things to make up for expenses. I'll be in touch with Portland and see what they have to offer. Contacts, etc.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Getting stuff is doable. Probably need to print up some sort of flyer to send to potential vendors as well.
    And a big yes to my shop kicking in either several or one large gift certificate. I do them for most the shows over here.
    I'll start putting together a vendor list and go from there.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

LeMay would be an ideal location. Here is the contact info regarding car club events.

"For more information about hosting an event at the one of the Museum's locations, please contact LeAna Reising at 253.683.3955 or email at leana.reising@lemaymuseum.org."
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

You may want to contact Monte Brachmann from the Columbia River Chapter. He probably has some checklists or notes they used. And he could give us a good idea on what it cost.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I'd love to help. Not sure what I can do from the right side of the state
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

2014 Mini Regional

I called all the phone numbers listed for at least 10 different people at Lamay. Every single one goes to a "leave a message" or finally gets to a "mail box is full". I also left emails which none have been answered. I will try again on Monday and will give everyone any new status.

Carol and I will be leaving for Tucson mid February until mid May. I very much want to help with this.

Does anyone know what kind of monies we would ask from a sponsor? I have several locations that I would like to ask to get involved in sponsorship and awards, etc.

I know the Maltby church puts on what I think is the best show I've been at and they don't charge for anything related to awards or pins. It would be nice to talk to them or someone like them to get advice. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Well, from what I just got sent back from LeAna, I would say Lemay will not be a good site. Here is the information about costs, etc.
    Unless told differently I will continue looking for a location that isn't quite so hard on a wallet.
    I would like to think that a site that has availability to family food, enough space for 50-60 entrants and maybe 20-30 other parking spots that it would suffice? Input Stephanie!!!!. You won't know what that means unless you remember Johnny 5/ Short Circuit.
    What do you think about me contacting the shopping center in Lynnwood/Edmonds where the Dicks hamburger stand is?? Kind of nostalgic? I will keep looking.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for the information. Below are details surrounding the use of our Showfield and attached is our vendor list. Please note that admission to the museum is not included in the event space fee however we could structure a discounted rate for guests associated with your event. Please review the below information and let me know if you have any questions or would like to schedule a time to view the Showfield space.

*Haub Family Field- 99,000 Sq. ft.
    ¼ of space $500.00- full space $2,000.00 - 6 hour maximum including set up and tear down (Available during and after Museum hours)
    Up to 250 vehicles
    *Tables and chairs not included in event space fee
    *Admission to museum not included in space fee

*Parking (in ACM Main Lot):
    · Hosted parking- $5.00 per stall- This option must be coordinated with the ACM Event Coordinator no less than 14 days prior to your event and will be charged after the event based on the total number of parking stalls used.
    · Standard daytime event parking (non-hosted)- $10.00 per stall
    · Standard event parking (non-hosted) after 5pm - $5.00 per stall
    -Please note that for non-hosted parking - guests are required to pay cash upon their arrival

LeAna Reising
    Sales Manager
    LeMay-AMERICA'S CAR MUSEUM®
    PH: 253.779.8490 ext. 1005
    Direct: 253.683.3955
    Fax: 253.779.8499
    lreising@lemaymuseum.org
    www.lemaymuseum.org
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Larry, years ago the northwest falcon club had there pot luck summer party at Mc collum park off 128th and I'am sure you know where that is. there were falcons from Canada and Oregon and all around that were there and so was I, it was a great time..jh

Thanks for looking into this spot Larry. I agree, that's a very deep pocketed location.

A state park or city park might be an option as well, as long as food was provided by the membership (us). The beauty of the last location is that wasn't something to factor in. I know there might be restaurants with large parking that have hosted other car shows I've attended in the past (Seattle area), so that might be the next avenue to pursue.

Although I wouldn't be opposed to moving closer-in to the Seattle area, that would require a consensus of the club membership. Tacoma was about as far south, relatively speaking, as the Portland group was willing to go north. So I'd still favor a little more south than being right in Seattle or north of Seattle.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"