Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Update pics

Does a person ever get one of these things done??????????? Crap
    Yes... and then we take it apart again.

The fact that you've done most of this by yourself is amazing.

I hope the grille comes back to your liking and i also hope it is resilient to bending. That part still scares me a bit. Chrome, being so hard, is like glass -- it doesn't give well. I hope it will bend with the aluminum, which will get bent - trust me on that (mine already has and I've been ultra careful). Did they offer you any advice in this regard.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Update pics

I am really worried about the chrome also. But it is only costing me $250 to get it plated so I can get that done four times for what they want to do the bright dip anodize.

When I talked to them about the denting concern he only stated that almost all the grills now are getting plated. Probably due to cost.

Hey bad bird, just thought you would like to see my friend's 64 it has a bad fast 289 and dual quads and a big solid lifter cam...yellow is wild....john h
    Attached Images Attached Images

Update pics

That car is beautiful and really looks hot, but the hood scoop doesn't turn me on.

I like the looks of the hood in the picture I am attaching. This picture is the one that made me decide on yellow for my car.

I should get my car back from the exhaust folks tomorrow or Friday. I looked into putting the exhaust on my self but didn't want to fight through another major project.

I'll send pics of the installation soon I hope. Larry

Update pics

A few pics of the exhaust system. I am really happy with the sound. Not too loud and not too quiet. The "E" cutout system works like a charm and the sound with it open is great.

The system is 2 1/2" with magna-flow mufflers. I didn't want the tail pipes to come out the back behind the bumper and I also wanted the system to be as inconspicuous as possible, blending in to the undercarriage.

Now to work off my single page list of "final" things to do. (probably come up with another "final list" off of that work, or two).

NICE.................
    Cant wait to see it and hear it!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Update pics

Got the grill back from the chrome shop in Tucson this evening. Installed and it sure looks better than my polishing job did. Still have a few minor things to do to say this thing is done. Still have a problem with the electric fan temp switch, door sill on passenger side, small fuel leak at fuel pump, alignment of front end. I am sure there are a couple of other items that will pop up. But, it is getting closer to me driving it to one of our meetings. Yahooooooo. Larry

Larry,

So what am I seeing on the driver side between the fender and the headlight door? Is there a section missing there or is that yellow tape?

You're going to leave it all chrome or are you going to paint the black accents?

Just curious. Looks nice though.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"