Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Update pics

Update pics

Here are a couple pics of the hinges.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those look awesome! That car is awesome. I can't wait to see it driving up the road at a show.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I want to see this in person also. When is the target "coming out" show?

Update pics

Wish I knew. Been having as many as three of these head pain seizures a day so it limits the amount of time I get to work on this thing. I still am working on things that don't involve laying down so it takes time. Car is entered in Hot August Nights so it's imperative it's done and test driven enough to verify worthiness to drive in the parade. Sure wanted to be ready for the Everett show but, too late for that one. Oh well. Too many good things going on in life for me to keep whining about a few negatives. So many people out there that have it so much worse.

Update pics

Finally got a little more work done. I finished the installation of the L/H Rocker Molding. Got the R/H door lower seal fitting holder trimmed to clear the sill plate. Got both sill plates and the carpet is all installed now.
    Finalized the installation of the hood interior panels. I like the look but they are too heavy so I will be looking at something else for that area. But not now. I have to use a board to hold the trunk open. Can't live with that.

I plan on restoring my trunk this summer but nothing that fancy! Nice work. Should that trunk light be turned 180 degrees? I've got one under the hood and have the opening so you don't see it when it's open.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I have seen some pictures of Falcon trunks where a gas shock cylinder from a hatchback was installed to hold the lid open... Nice little bracket may look nice.

Update pics

Kenny, about the light direction. I will have to check it again but I believe it has a device that turns it on when the trunk is open and if I remember correctly it didn't work the other way. I would rather it pointed down though so I will double check. Thanks and if you need help doing your trunk let me know.
    Jeff, I have some of those support rods that I came off the storage doors of my motorhome. I thought about those but didn't want to screw around with drilling through the fiberglas. I also saw several cars in Reno last year that were using chrome plated expanding rods to hold their trunks open in the winds, so that was on my list also. Thanks guys.
    Larry

Awesome Work!!!!

Nice trunk work!!!!! Thats lots of bass!!!!!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Torsion Spring Adjustment

Larry - Are you sure you just don't have the torsion springs hooked to the hinges in their lowest (weakest) setting? I think you have 3 levels of tension you can set depending on what notches the torsion springs are placed.

Chances are they are not easy to get to right now - huh?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Update pics

I double checked the torsion bars before I put the fiberglas panels in because I knew the trunk panels would weigh more. They were never very strong and I probably should have gone with the system that Jeff mentioned earlier. But, hindsight...........and now that the fiberglas system is all installed, and I am running short on time, I don't want to get into changing it. Maybe after Hot August Nights??? I can already think of a dozen changes that I can make to this car. Scary.

I just installed new hood hinges with spings in my early '63. You can have my old prop rod if you want a Ford solution.

Update pics

Getting closer and closer. I drove the car in the cul-de-sac and kept hearing a clunking noise and after a few hours we decided it might be the posi-trac rear end making some noise so I put some additive for posi's that I didn't know was required. Drove it back around a few times and then around a few blocks. Started getting louder and felt like it might be towards the front. Babied it home and checked the front end. Don't laugh yet it gets better. I found three missing lug nuts on the L/H wheel with the other two on by one thread. Fixed that, drove it around and sounded Okay so took it down to Les Schwad and they did the alingment.

They drove it around for a while and then on my way home about three blocks away it ran out of gas (gauge shows 1/4). When the car was rolling to a stop I heard a clank clank noise and found the L/H rear wheel mag cap held on with just one screw banging against the wheel.

Pulled the car home, put in some gas, will get more screws and thanks to GOD all these things happened at the times and places they did. I was one thread away from the front end dropping on the pavement. If the car wouldn't have run out of gas I wouldn't have heard the wheel cap rattling and would have lost it and I was close to home when I ran out of gas.

Only a few small things left on my finishing list but after this day I know I need to do a lot more checking before I go very far or very fast. Larry

Update pics

Took off the hood today and installed the liner. It was intended to be a one piece installation but after laying it in place I decided it would look better filling in the triangular areas of the hood instead with the yellow in between. I love the look and still have a little trimming to get it fine tuned. I thnk I will remove the fiberglas panels that I put on the trunk lid and install this same material back there. It will also save on weight.

I drove the car around today and the oil leak is fixed. Now I need to concentrate on a noise when I hit a bump. I noticed a dent in one of the shocks today and I will take that one out and see if the noise goes away. Gas gauge isn't working so have to decipher that little issue. But other than that it is running great, sounds good and have gotten a lot of thumbs up reactions just in the few miles I've driven it.

Now hopefully the weather cooperates so I can get it to the Maltby and Greenwood show. Registered for both. Larry

Update pics

My friend/neighbor Randy welded my traction bars for me and I got them installed this morning. They are like the ones he used in drag racing and I like the looks. Just have to be careful with clearances now.

Enjoyed the Greenwood car show and watching people. Every kink imaginable in Seattle. Looking forward to the next show now. Larry