Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Update pics

Update pics

Received the decal material today and applied it to the grill. It looks absolutely stunning. Now for the longevity issue. I think it is going to last, but time will definitely tell. The pic attached is the best I could get with the brightness. Inside the garage it just was too bright with the flash. I don' t have the headlight rings on, I am taking the grill back off to finish the panels I made to go between the grill upper edge and the radiator cowl.
    It might sound weird but hope it turns out. Right now the plan is to put all my car information on the panels instead of on a sign that sits in front of the car. More to come. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Nice work Larry. Get a close up if you can. All the details you're putting in to the front area and grille really pull the whole car together.

I hope the decal material holds up. I bought a roll of pinstripe tape in dull black that is the perfect width to go into the grooves on the center console (60-62).

It still looks great but it's inside the car and out of the weather. The hardest part of that project was getting the old paint off. I ended up using acetone and 0000 steel wool. I wish I knew what Ford originally used. I used a SEM brand self-etching rattle can paint many years ago on mine. It looked OK for a few years but I need to redo it at this point.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Update pics

I was getting ready to have a sign made up to place in front of the car at shows. Came up with this instead. I like it, and hope it lasts. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Very nice, Larry. As always, your work is flawless.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

That's one way to insure you can actually complete the car. You wouldn't want to change anything then have it not match the statements.... like change the rear end ratio

Very nice. How did you get the printing done?

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Very creative! Being as most people stand there and gawk at the engine, they may as well have a read!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Update pics

Jeff, I made up a full size facsimile and took it to Fast Signs. They did a very good job, added some Falcon emblems all for a very good price. I already have changes in mind for the car, but it is cheaper this way than to create a full size sign and then change that. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I bet changes would be eady if they saved the template. I have to say it is a very unique idea that a have never seen on the many of thousands of show cars looked at.

I wouldn't be surprised if you start a national fad... "The Larry Board".

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Larry - very nice. So, are these left in place all the time? Can't wait to see all the new additions.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Update pics

Roger, I bolted them in place with two of the bolts that hold the grill on. So, hopefully they will not get messed up driving.

That is a good idea that I didn't think of Jeff, I will have to contact "Fast Signs" tomorrow to see if they hold on to the templates. As far as me being the first to do this, I saw a 56 Chevy awhile back that had just a few sentences on the front area around the grill.

For a long time, I wanted to find something that would close off those areas, and tried fabricating a fiberglas panel before. Failure was only obtained doing those. Too much sanding and forming trying to get them flat, hence these metal panels.

At the same time I was working on getting a sign made up, and saw the 56. That's what got me to this point.

Now, I am trying to determine what my next processchange will be. More to come, I hope. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Update pics

Looking for some input. I have looked at quite a few engines over the last couple of years and I am seeking an intake system that will give my upper engine a "wow" look to it. Thought the endurashine with the holley that I installed would do that, but really not happy.

I found that I can buy the edelbrock air gap with two polished holleys and linkage, etc for around $1400. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ed...view/make/ford IF anyone has any ideas that would provide the wow factor when I open the hood it would be appreciated. I have seen some systems that I really like, but the wow price factor has pushed me back to the dual four setup.

Something in the same price range would work or maybe a little higher, but now much. Thanks Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Eight stack would be my choice but that has that wow price to go with it. Seems like all the shows I go to all I see is one carb or two carbs and now the three twos are everywhere. That was one reason I did what I did if I had the cash it would have been the eight stack.
    Sorry I know that didn't help at all. I think yours has the wow factor now?!?
    I'm sure anything you do will look "WOW".
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

I'm with Steve on this one. I'm wow'd every time I see your car too. Every bit of it. But if I had my choice I'd go with the 8-stack or the 3-2 setup in that order as well.

But I think the 3-2 is probably the least expensive, but probably more than your current budget. Though it would be WOW! Maybe hold off and save up a little more money. I really don't think anyone but you looks at it and isn't very impressed by your work. It is flawless.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/su...view/make/ford
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; October 24th, 2013 at 10:38 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"