Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Mine (cart) is free if you want to use it. Should bolt right up. I think I am coming over on the 16th, I could bring it but you will probably be done by then.
    I think this is the 1/2 way mile stone?? Maybe farther..

Here is a quick update for those of you who though I gave up.
    Body work, body work, and body work. Did I mention body work.
    Actually On Rogers last trip over he was helping me line up the panel and after 2 hours of frustration we measured some things out and found the front of the car to be pushed over about an inch or so. So last night I dropped her off at my friends shop and he is going to pull her straight for me. Then it will be MORE body work... But they gave me some good tips and should have it all done body wise by the end of this month I hope....
    I will post a couple of pics when I pick her up from the frame shop.

Smile

Holy smokes! Well it's all for the better from this point! Right on.
    1960 Tudor Sedan 200ci i6
    1962 Fordor Squire Wagon 170ci i6
    1965 Plymouth Barracuda 225ci s6 (forgive my Mopar)

She's back from the frame shop and the panels fit perfect. YEAH!!!! Now to finish sanding it and off to paint. Maybe. Body work SUCKS... Maybe I will catch up with Roger someday...

Keep up the good work, keep plugging away and you'll get there. At least that's what I keep telling myself
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Maybe you should sneak it into Rogers garage after he moves the Flarechero to the carport
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I was going to try that (Rogers Garage) or kidnap him for a month or so??

You'll have to be fast. The Flaremobile will be moving out on Friday and the wagon is coming home that evening.

Glad to hear the panels fit now. The didn't break any welds to do it?

With every day this "thing" going on in my right elbow is making doing anything tough - especially body work. I'm doing minimal amounts for now.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

The guys at the body shop did a wonderful job. No weld broke, not even the filler I had in some of those areas came loose. He pulled it and let it sit for a day, checked it and then finished the pull. He said it was over right at about 1 inch. The relaxed the it and let is sit over the weekend and checked it on Monday and it all stayed good. The best part of all is he did not charge me any $$$$. I love it when people want to barter powder for what I need.
    Whats up with the elbow??

Man, you can't beat almost free. Barter when you can. Glad to hear it can now move forward again.

I don't know what's up w/my elbow. But whoever is shoving the knife into it, I wish they'd stop. I suspect arthritis that I aggravated pounding all the floors into submission, since that's when it went ballistic. For a few years, since I started doing a particular job at work, which requires ungodly amounts of repetitive mouse and text editing, it has slowly caused issue in the right arm. I changed a lot of my setup at work to help, but may have been too little, too late. This is specific to the elbow though, so I should go get it checked out. Have been waiting until this project at work was done - as well as the flare-n-stein. Both are done, for all intents and purposes, so maybe I'll go see what's up when I get back from this next trade show.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"