Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Looks great Steve! I dont even see any saw zall marks!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Oh they're there... I've seem 'em.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

So I think the engine bay is pretty much buttoned up. This is what I ended up with. The headers are close but not touching anything. Had to dimple the driver side by the steering box but not very much. Passenger side is good. Fan clearance is good so it is time to paint the dash and jams so I can wire it up. Was going to paint this weekend but mother nature decided to make it wet and damp so I will try for this long weekend.
    If all goes well she should be ready for the first start-up attempt June 2nd. I was hoping for this weekend but the wiai bit me a bit.

Guess I should put some paint back on the steering box and clean the header back up. Funny what you see when you blow up the pictures!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow - those headers are close. I was really impressed by the headers Gene got. Once we dealt with some bracket issues and such, it was really clear of everything.

Looks very nice though. You are making very good progress. Amazing how a little excitement can motivate! Keep it up! I'll make it over there just in time to add the rear-view mirror so you can back it out!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Dash is painted!!! Now on to the wiring. Hopefully will be ready to light it up in the next week or so..

Looking GOOD Steve. Keep at it!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Fun begins!

Why'd you stop at the dash? Man, I'd have let the paint fly...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Should at least get the inside of the doors, the jambs, and the tailgate.

Looks good so far.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I thought about it, but just wanted to get enough done to start the wiring. But now I wish I would have done more. It came out real good for a beginer. I think I will use that color for my upper body color? I just want to here it go VVrrrooommmm!!!!!

Spent the weekend finishing the transmission lines, and working on the wiring. What a gob of wires!! The car harness is done for the most part, still need to run wires for the door poppers and power rear window. Worked on the fuel injection harness Sunday. All the engine connections are made, now I need to hook them up to the control panel and computer. Pretty simple actually just time consuming.
    Next weekend is the fuel tank and lines and maybe vvrrrooommm!!! By the way does anyone have an extra set of fuel tank strap "J" bolts laying around? I seem to have misplaced (lost) mine.

I'll be listening closely next week-end but I may be in E. Wash., so it may be hard to hear! The guys on this side should be OK, though.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Where are you mounting the flux-capacitor again?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"