Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Never got your PM. Can you resend?

Bummer about the painter. Hope you get your foot down in the right place.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

As long as the foot makes its point... This needs to come to an end its time to enjoy it...

Hope you don't have as much trouble getting yours done as I did..... it took me a year to get the car back; and then there were problems with bubbling; and it went back for another month. It was a barely acceptable job in my opinion.

I have a friend that took three years to get his Duster back...... although it IS one of the best paint jobs I have ever seen!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I know that quality takes more time, but I had 80% of the work done when it went in and was originally told it would be in color by the end of December? Then bumped to Jan. then to Feb, now to march, and now the end of April.... At this rate it might be 2-3 years. I'm already into this project 3.5 years I'm starting to loose interest...

Yup. I was originally told.......... 3 - 4 WEEKS. From all the horror stories I've since heard, painters are notorious for this kind of thing. I hope you & he can come to an understanding. Don't lose interest.... lose patience.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I hear you I really want this step done. Most of you know how long and hard this job has been so my patience is running thin. But I just keep taking a deep breath and tell myself it will be worth it in the end...
    So let us all cross our fingers and hope for an assembly party towards the end of April..

OK spent Friday night and Saturday out at the paint shop. Made some good progress. Think we are almost down to final primer coat, wet sand, and start jamming and into color... Fingers crossed the flow stays going this time!!!

Glad to hear you are getting closer. Considering we were gonna have a party about this time last year, let's hope we have one this year!

And thanks for the valve cover. It arrived and looks very nice. Perfect.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"