Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

10 week break?? I want one of those, I'm lucky if I get a 10 minute break.. But I guess that is a good thing. I will keep you posted the painter was here yesterday wanting some more wheels coated and I told him I would do more for him when my car is done. Until then no.
    The car is ready for last coat of primer, then wet sand, then jam it tape it and color so its not far off. I'll give him another week or so and if no progress is made again it will come home...
    The owner of the body shop has traded some coating for the paint so I will have all that as well. I will keep you posted and thanks. Steve...

steve, I painted my falcon myself about ten years ago [ outside noless ] and it's single stage delstar. and I just got two new guns so I think we could do it if it comes to that....jh
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am leaning more towards doing it myself.. I have painted cars before and they came out good, but these ding dongs over here kept telling me what a great job they could do. I think I keep getting played and falling for it.
    So far my paint job has cost me about 6K. Thanks god my cost on all that coating isn't that high..... Oh well no more Mr. nice guy... (except for the club)

Well I guess a well placed foot is sometimes what it takes... Going back to the paint shop tonight and finish the car for final prime.
    Go in Saturday and start the wet sanding. Hopefully she will be ready for color by the end of the month.. Nothing like being a year and two months behind schedule. I keep telling myself it will be all worth it in the end...

It will when it's done! You will be smiling
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Got a lot done at the paint shop last night. I am sanding all the door jams, back of the hood and all those areas the painter hates. Should be shooting the final coat of primer this Saturday. Then the wet sand, paint the jams, and then the body... I will not jinx myself this time by predicting an assembly party so I will just say its getting close and it will be warm when we do it.

UPDATE: 4-19-13 Finished the last of the sanding last night. Putting final primer on the car Saturday or first part of the week. The we will jam it, reassemble it, and start putting down the color soon. FINALLY A BIG LIGHT AT THE TUNNELS END!!!!!
    Last edited by doghows; April 19th, 2013 at 08:23 AM.

Latest update: Wheels to the tire shop getting 225x45x17 for the rear and 215x45x17 for the front. Going to try and get the seat frame down to the upholstery shop this week as well.
    Putting the final coat of primer on here in the next few days then a lot of wet sanding, then jam it , then color. That light is getting brighter every day. I better start planning that BBQ assembly party now. Looks like end of May and I hope I didn't just jinx myself again.
    Ill get some more boring pics up soon, will be going back out tonight to work on her some more.

Not sure why you have to do all the sanding? don't the painters know how to sand or is that not in the job description....jh

I here you, but unfortunately that was part of the deal I made with him. He is "guiding me" and I am trying to do the work myself. That way I can say I " Yeah I did that". He is basically making sure I get it straight and hopefully looking good. He had been helping me through the whole mess since the first shop screwed it up so bad. In return I am doing some powder coating for him.
    I don't mind the work just getting impatient. But it should be worth it in the end.. if there is ever an end!!!

You have come this far and it is looking great. Keep up the hard work, practice patience, and have beer close by to help you through

With all of the body work threads I have read it is making me dread doing mine but it needs to happen and I'll try to keep and to a minimum

Looking forward to the BBQ assembly party but don't be surprised if your car smells like Stubbs when we're done
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Satin Black didn't need much sanding at all.

Keep in mind Steve we have a swap meet the 18/19 of May, so don't plan a party that weekend or you may be eating a lot of burgers all by yourself.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"