Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Thanks Roger I tried but I'm a powder coater computers hurt my head..

Steve, got paint yet? the ford picnic is only a few weeks away....jh

Unfortunately no. Need to go out and light that fire again. I had a couple weeks off to take care of some family stuff and of course no work done on my car. I am going out tonight or tomorrow and take a few picks and see if I can get color by the end of this month. It is very close.

Spent the night out at the body shop and the paint is beginning to fly. The jamming process should begin today or tomorrow and hopefully still have it all in color in the next couple of weeks. This is all depending on if my wife doesn't divorce me for spending too much time with the "other" lady... She is very straight and nice now...
    For those of you that saw her from the beginning I don't think you will believe it is the same car...

Go Steve go! Keep the fire under them. You've got shows to attend!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger that... (pun intended) I am going back out there Friday after work and that should get her ready to jam (if its not already done) then a couple of days of wet sand and roll her into the booth...

From sawzall to spray! You go Steve
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Back to the body shop tonight. I will take my camera this time. We should be prepping to paint all the jams, and finish the body so we can re-assemble, then wet sand and finally color. Getting very close but looks like another week or two behind. I will get some pics up on monday, and maybe some in color this time???

Steve, did you remember to weld brackets in your B pillars for shoulder belts? I know you had mentioned that was the plan. We did mine after the paint but it was a nail biter.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I hope to have that same "nail-biter" coming up at a future date, and I too, am concerned! Jeff, did you do anything to keep the "B" pillar as cool as possible? Like ice packs maybe?

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I held a wet (more than damp) thick towel on the outside. Roger just got in there quick and got it done. I think the speed of the weld and the wet rag helped. I didn't want to test my theory by doing the second side without the rag. It went well and I'm happy with the results.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    I hope to have that same "nail-biter" coming up at a future date, and I too, am concerned! Jeff, did you do anything to keep the "B" pillar as cool as possible? Like ice packs maybe?
    Fortunately the way we'll do the Ranchero is simple spot welds. The wagon required far more welding to apply a plate to a surface as opposed to applying a plate behind a panel. Gene, your paint will be safe.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"