Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

No worries.. I had a chance recently to get my old 72 Bronco back that I had 17 years into. But alas the previous owners beat it to hell so I passed.. I think this one will be here for a while, I won't make that same mistake again.. Besides I'm only into this one 5 years so far.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

So my truck is back up for sale then, huh...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

For now but I'm still shopping!

Speaking of shopping I managed to get my PS pump changed over. What a pain, I had to pull the radiator to get the bolts out. Then the brackets didn't work so I had to cut up and modify my existing march bracket. Thanks god for my friend Mitch who is a welding god. Mounted it up and viola.. Had to order a serpentine pulley because it came with a v belt one. Hopefully that will show so I can put the radiator and stuff back on. I hope the rest goes better and smoother than that..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Well we got most of the rack in. Just need to get a longer pressure hose, and a shorter serpentine belt. Obviously my application is not a stock falcon so this is why I had to get a couple of different parts, otherwise the Unisteer kit went in very well and I thought it was designed very well and I'm very happy with the install. I'll get the parts and drive it around and let y'all know how it performs..
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Pump with belt alignment.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Steering shaft.

Still can only post one pic at a time with my iPad or iPhone.... So sorry for the additional posts.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Reconstruction has begun.

Has it really been four years ago that you started working on the car?? It sure doesn't seem like that long ago. The car is looking fantastic and now the name of the thread needs to be changed to Construction is almost finished. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Thanks Larry, wow I had to look back but yeah first post on this thread December 2009. I think I had a year before I started this thread but Wow. It was really cool to look back through this one. I must be nuts.
    I look forward to the day I can park mine along every one else's cars.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Ok new parts on system done, steers great. My alignment is off so I need to reset the toe. I'll get that done Wednesday and drive her around. I'll report back in if I don't crash.

Mission accomplished!!!! Test drive went well, steering worked excellent felt great, just what I was hoping for.. Found a couple small issues other than the steering on the test drive. My speedo won't go over 42 mph and at hard acceleration the car pulls right and when I let off it jumps back left?? My rear springs might be shot.. Hmmm I just won't accelerate hard for a while..
    Last edited by doghows; January 1st, 2014 at 08:58 PM.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    at hard acceleration the car pulls right and when I let off it jumps back left??.
    Maybe you are pulling a wheelie!

Contact Unisteer as well. I'm not sure what feeds the power steering, but it may be the steering box maybe?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"