Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Welcome back Steve!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

WOW!!!
    Glad to see you back, Steve! Also glad the SD isn't gone. Visit us as often as you can.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Good to see you back Steve, congrats on the expansion
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Thanks guys. Hope to make it over for more meetings and shows this year.
    Maybe I can finally talk a few of you to coming over to my side for some shows as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Steve if I can ever get this thing done I'll be over at least once.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Well it's been a while since I've posted so here is the latest. I picked up a 8.8" rear axle from a explorer a while back and I decided it's time to modify it and put it under the delivery.
    I got mine from a 97 and it a 3:73 gear posi with disc brakes and 31 spline axles. And from all my research and investigating the theory is if I pull the long side apart, drill out the spot welds and shorten the tube by three inches that another short side axle with fit perfect and should put me at a 53-54 inch width axle. So I went for it.
    Took about three hours from start to the point I'm at now which is to weld the tube back in place. Then I'll chop off all the brakets and get it ready to fit under the delivery.
    If I had anything better than an iPad I'd post all the pics at once but it won't let me do it so ther might be a couple posts with pics for you.
    This is my makeshift redneck press to get the tube out.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Here she is fresh out of the band saw 3" shorter.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

And finally mostly back together. I need to take it to my friends shop and press the tube in about one more inch and then weld her up. Then clean it back up coat it and slam her into her new home under the delivery.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Not at all familiar with this particular project, Steve. Are shortened axles available for it?

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    Not at all familiar with this particular project, Steve. Are shortened axles available for it?
    I was gonna ask the same thing until I read it again. He's using 2 of the shorter axles. Typically you have one long and one short axle to get the pumpkin, which is itself off-set, back into the center of the tunnel. Not sure how that works with two equal-length axles will center this up in a Falcon, but I'm sure we'll hear soon...

... either a:

or a:

or a:

time to get out the and start over.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; February 8th, 2016 at 10:00 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"