Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Reconstruction has begun.

Pretty much all front-sump small blocks use the same pan and pick-up tube. You can even buy them new from Summit or whoever -- like this one:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G3520/

You'll see on the page the correct pick-up tube for it. You can use the same pump - that is the same.

If you still have that small-block in your garage -- I think it had the correct pan too.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Thanks Roger; Now all I have to decide is if I should steal the one off the motor I sold to Ed, or buy a new one??? Anyone have a used one sitting around?

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    I put it back in after all the welding was done. I hope the powder doesn't make it too tight. Nothing a hammer won't fix...
    As far as the oil pan, I take it I have to change the oil pump too. Crap let the nickle and diming begin..
    OK clue me in. What am I looking for, my salvage yard is very difficult to deal with and not so good at getting stuff. I might have to make a trip over to visit Roger and his project and go to a pick a part over there?? What years do I need to find, or will any front sump pan work?? DO I need a pump or just a different pick-up tube? Maybe I can steal it off the engine I sold?
    You just need an early front sump pan and pickup. The pump is the same.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

I looked at the pics again and they are a little deceiving. The motor is real close to the same height as the ones I've seen posted. The upper intake is sitting crooked because it hit the tower brace. That is why it looked low.
    I like the brace idea you posted Roger. I have access to a tubing bender so I think I will go that route. Maybe not the mote Carlo bar but definitely the shock tower brace. Thanks for the input guys it is saving me more head aches than I need right now.

I was cursing that shock tower brace just tonight. Those are going to be gone real soon now.

Say - how'd that hood reskinning go?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Put it on hold for a bit. Got the skin clean and ready now I have to take the other hood apart. Maybe this weekend. I will let you know and post some pics...

Got the car undercoated this weekend. Went well and looks great. Used a comercial coating with an aplicater gun. Very messy but nice. Roger saw the finished product so he can tell you what he thinks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks really good. Is that 3M Body Shutz?
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

That was actually called "Fast Dry" and I got it from Baxters. Very messy to put on but it looks great and dries hard but rubbery.

Ah - you got more of it Steve? Looks great!.

This was a Fast Dry Undercoating Steve got from Baxter's Auto Parts. Red/Black gallon can. It wasn't rocker schutz - though the texture was very similar. I liked how it has a hard, yet flexible surface. Supposedly paintable too.

I looked for a picture of it in the gallon size, but none found. Here's a link to Amazon.com of the same stuff in a smaller size.

http://www.amazon.com/FAST-DRY-RUBBE...xp_grid_pt_0_2
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"