Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010 Monroe Swap Meet

I've got the cards, some decals, applications, and some old newsletters. Roger, I hope you have the card stand because I don't find it anywhere!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

My Dad and his friend Jerry have a booth set up at 601 #98 and #99 where is the Falcon booth at? I will probably be at the show for all day Saturday and all day Sunday so come visit us.
    1964 Futura: 4-Door Sedan (Bench)
    Paint Color: Wimbledon White
    Engine:170 six(101hp)
    Build Plant: Kansas City, Ks
    DSO: Hawaii
    Build Date:Jul 17, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken View Post
    I've got the cards, some decals, applications, and some old newsletters. Roger, I hope you have the card stand because I don't find it anywhere!
    Yeah, I think I've seen it. I'll look in the box and in my car. I think I've had it since Greenwood last year when you had you M/C.

I hauled a truck load of stuff up there today with the help of Bill, but he was on-call and needed to get back by 5PM, so it's all in a pile under a tarp. I'm going to go there very early, ~6AM, so there is some hope of getting things somewhat organized before the throng of looky-loo's. If anybody plans on getting there before 8AM (fingers crossed) call me from outside the car-corral gate and I think I can get you in from there. Otherwise the gates are open to all at 8AM. We are one row over from the car corral in the v-shaped grassy knoll.

There is a REALLY nice 61 Ranchero there for $9500, V8, 9inch and no rust I could find anywhere. Gosh, I wonder if he'd take part trades for a couple other trucks... And my old panel truck is there again too.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
    My Dad and his friend Jerry have a booth set up at 601 #98 and #99 where is the Falcon booth at? I will probably be at the show for all day Saturday and all day Sunday so come visit us.
    We're at 31-13 in the front by the car corral, so come visit us too! We'll have a Seahawks pop-up with the club banner on the front.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff W View Post
    So it sounds like all of the booth stuff covered. I'll leave my sawhorses at home and just bring my personal stuff (chair, cooler, money to spend and a welcoming smile).

Don't forget the "invite to join" cards and the holder. That's half the point of getting the booth.
    It is? I thought it was so I could get rid of some my junk!

I have two tables there, which will probably be enough. I didn't bring the doors. I forgot that I buried them up in the loft and was not looking forward to digging them out again.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Yep, the card display was in the file-folder case. I'll bring that too. Good thing I went out and looked, because I had stored the headers Jerry brought in the back of the wagon and would have forgotten all about them.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Day One was pretty good. Dalton was there early to help me get a few things set up as we waited on Kenny and Jeff (thank you Dalton). They showed up right about the time the gates opened.

The day was very nice and I suspect there are a lot of red people right now (me being one of them).

I'm going to head back in the morning at about 8AM (the gates open at 9AM on Sunday) and try to get things set up again. The two vendors beside us on both sides are gone tomorrow, so I can spread things out better. Not 100% sure if there's anybody else coming to help tomorrow. Kenny and Jeff said Patrick may show.

Anyone who has parts there who's expecting to get the parts that didn't sell, or monies from sales made, can come to the meeting on Wednesday where we'll sift through the thousands we've made. Or they can pick them up from my house next week.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I'm a little red... but it was worth it so the club can get a little green.

Thanks to many the generous donations of parts!

I think Dalton recruted about 12 new prospects and handed out 50 cards to Falcon owners.

I was a little red too after yesterday, and today at the end was a lot wet as well. Just about 1:30 as I started towards packing up things -- looking up and crossing my fingers the dark clouds would not open up... they did exactly that. The heavens opened up and it came down hard, and fast and didn't stop for the entire rest of the time until we drove away at about 3PM. Sucked big time. Sort of deja vu from Jon's tech day as the Bill Williams, Andy and I fought to get Jon's car done in a down-pour. I gotta stop getting stuck in the rain. Had it not been for my friend showing up from Sequim I would have had a really tough time getting things wrapped up and the tent brought down and everything loaded up. No other club members showed up today. For my friend's help the club bought him dinner from some of the proceeds. Seemed only fair, since he got soaked to the bone too.

I need to know now what to do with the stuff that other people own. I have stuff of Bill's, Kenny's, and Gene's. Currently it is all in my carport -- except for the pop-up tent. If everyone is coming to the meeting on Wednesday, I'll take it to work with me on Wednesday and you can get it at the meeting. If you don't indicate - here - you are coming to the meeting, I will not haul it out there and you can pick it up here from my carport.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; May 16th, 2010 at 08:04 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"