Thread: rotisserie for a falcon?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

rotisserie for a falcon?

i found plans for one and im thinking about making one in the weld shop, but ill have no use for one, would anyone be interested in one?

Maybe we could have it as the club rotisserie and pass it around! At the rate most people strip a car and do bodywork it could be years before it's ready for the next one in line though.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

hmm thats not a bad idea actually. im gonna add up the lengths of steel and then show my teacher and see how much it will cost

Are you just looking for a welding project? I'm sure you can find some things to do on the Ranchero. Subframe connectors come to mind. Or you can relocate the gas filer to the bed.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

sub frame connectors?

Quote Originally Posted by tylers_62 View Post
    sub frame connectors?
    Look under your car. This is a first generation unit-body construction.

Notice that the frame rails that the engine attaches to stop part way under the floor. These would be the front frame rails,

Then look at the frame rails where the rear leaf springs attach. Notice that they also don't go that far forward. These are the rear frame rails.

Sub-frame connectors are made up of stiff steel and attach the front and rear subframes to make the car chassis stronger and stiffer. You don't need to be a hotrod to benifit from this. The car will have fewer creaks and rattles and the suspension will work better.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI