Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April 24, 2010 Tech Day

Looking forward to another tech day. I can bring some tools too. And pepsi and chips.
    Bill Williams

'65 Ford Falcon

Dalton,

About the only tool nobody has indicated having is a pitman arm puller. If nobody has one of those, I may just pick one up since I've got a steering box swap in my future too (my new box is sitting at Red Head Steering right now, ready for me to pick up).
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Here's what I've picked up/will bring for chow:

Crockpot of Chili {Will feed PLENTY}
    12pk of Dr Pepper
    12pk of Coke
    Case of water
    Hamburger buns {16 servings}
    Angus Steak burgers, 1/3rd lb patties {16 servings}
    Condiments {miracle whip, ketchup, mustard - all in squeeze bottles}
    Bbq sauce {in case anyone wants that on their burgs.}
    Paper plates, bowls and spoons
    Cooler with Ice {pop and water will be refridged the night before}

For clean up: I'll try to grab some clear vinyl gloves in medium, large and extra large sizes
    Gojo

Roger,
    I'll pick up a pitman arm puller in the morning from NAPA {Lisle made}. I would like to donate it to the chapter for member use and will engrave it "Property of the Rainier Chapter of the Falcon Club of America". Jon
    Last edited by 68FalconSC; April 22nd, 2010 at 03:55 AM. Reason: sp
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

WOW! If I wasn't already going to be there, I'd show up just for the chow!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

No doubt! I'll have to plan on skipping dinner!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

The chili is crocked {pardon the pun}.

The way I figure it, since you guys are giving up some of your time {or space} to help me out, the least I can do is provide a good hearty meal.
    See you all saturday morning. Jon
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

Whew...

I just finished helping my neighbor load up a 26' moving truck and his pickup on a car hauler (it also filled to brim with concrete yard art and yard tools) for his move to Tennessee. I'm actually kind-a sad. He was a really good neighbor when he wasn't a pain in the butt (Roger, can you help me with this?). Just kidding. Anyway, needless to say my back is not feeling like loading up the truck tonight -- and in fact "I may" just drive my Escape instead of the flat-bed, which is what I was going to bring just in case we found a moment to swap the master cylinder on it. I'm thinking we're going to have our hands full as it is, especially with the threat of rain most of the day. Should be an interesting day, to say the least.

I will try to be there no later than 9AM (I'll be swinging by to grab some donuts for us all (bring your own coffee if you drink it, please -- or maybe Gene can brew some perhaps).

So... be there, or be square.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I am officially

...all used up. That took me to the brink.

But Jon got all of the first 3 things on his list done, less a real decent alignment, which he'll have to have done. Plus he got new rear shocks and a start to a rear sway bar installed, but we ran out of time. So he's got a good start on it. I wll say those early power steering setups are crazy to work on.

The weather held out until about 2PM and then just opened up on us, so those of us working under the car at that point (Bill and I) got soaked to the bone. Kenny and Andy helped a lot today too and were lucky to not get the worst of the rain soaking Bill and I got.

We had far too many people show up to at the very least say "hi" that I can't honestly remember who all of them were. Somebody with a better memory than I can list those names for posterity sake. Please. We did finally get to meet Tyler -- and Dalton and his Dad showed up too for a while.

I will now go collapse...
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; April 25th, 2010 at 07:02 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    ...all used up. That took me to the brink.

But Jon got all of the first 3 things on his list done, less a real decent alignment, which he'll have to have done. Plus he got new rear shocks and a start to a rear sway bar installed, but we ran out of time. So he's got a good start on it. I wll say those early power steering setups are crazy to work on.

The weather held out until about 2PM and then just opened up on us, so those of us working under the car at that point (Bill and I) got soaked to the bone. Andy helped a lot today too and he was lucky to not get the worst of the rain soaking Bill and I got.

We had far too many people show up to at the very least say "hi" that I can't honestly remember who all of them were. Somebody with a better memory than I can list those names for posterity sake. Please. We did finally get to meet Tyler -- and Dalton and his Dad showed up too for a while.

I will now go collapse...
    First of all, I would like to say Thanks to everyone who stopped by. Chris - Both your Ranchero AND your Falcon are super nice. Dalton and Tyler - Nice to meet of couple of young guys like yourselves who are more interested in REAL cars than "rice cookers", lol. Dalton's Dad {sorry but I forgot your name}, it was nice to meet you and it looks like ya got a great kid. Bill - Nice to see you again. Gene - Thanks again for hosting yet another tech day. I hope you can put those window rollers to good use. Roger, Bill, Kenny and Andy - What can I say, except Thanks again for all of your hard work. You guys all rock Regards, Jon

Very glad you guys apparently liked the Chili.

The ride home was a little squirrely but made it just fine.
    Last edited by 68FalconSC; April 24th, 2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: sp
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe

April 24, 2010 Tech Day

Really sorry I missed the tech day. Those are the funnest part of belonging to the club. Especially since I don't have my Falcon running yet. I would assume that is even better. We got back from Tucson at 1:30 this morning after sitting on the tarmac for several hours. Hope to see you all soon. Larry

The tech day was alot of fun so thanks to all of you that made it happen. Also that was some of the best chili ive ever eaten, so good I ate four bowls of it... Sorry I wasnt much help but I dont know what im doing but im a good wrench holder. If its alright with you guys I would love to host the next tech day.
    1964 Futura: 4-Door Sedan (Bench)
    Paint Color: Wimbledon White
    Engine:170 six(101hp)
    Build Plant: Kansas City, Ks
    DSO: Hawaii
    Build Date:Jul 17, 1964

Sounds like a good time. One of these days I need to make a trip over and meet some of you guys. Maybe if you guys are up to it you can make a trip over to Sequim and visit the powder coat shop. Maybe we'll even fire up the equipment and do some discount coating??? Anyway sound like a good time.

That would be great Dalton to have the next tech day at your house. Did you say you have a lift? I was hoping to work on my car if that's okay with everyone. I need a transmission kickdown cable installed, a transmission mount replaced and a new brake master cylinder installed.

By the way does anyone have an Eastwood Fender Roller? or something similar? My back tires need a little more clearance.

Also, I loved the spring newletter. Great job guys !!
    Bill Williams

'65 Ford Falcon

Yea we have a hydraulic lift and enough shop space to comfortably work on two cars at the same time without being in the elements.
    1964 Futura: 4-Door Sedan (Bench)
    Paint Color: Wimbledon White
    Engine:170 six(101hp)
    Build Plant: Kansas City, Ks
    DSO: Hawaii
    Build Date:Jul 17, 1964

Maybe a June tech day, since May is pretty full.

Bill, Jerry Kirby has one of those fender rollers and I used it the last time we were out there to roll out his rear wheel openings. Worked pretty good, though it was a little awkward with the rear opening being non-round shaped. We had to unbolt the shocks and lift it up as high as we could to get any swing from it.

Send him a PM and see if he still has it. He had offered before to allow club members use of it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"