Thread: Bought a parts car

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bought a parts car

While looking on CL for a fender for Tyler and a 64 frame for that other fella, I came across a '68 2 dr sedan that looked like it might be good for a parts car. I drove over to Port Angeles yesterday to check it out. Ended up striking a deal for $100 for the whole thing. The guy is going to help me yank the engine/tranny so I can bolt in a wheeled device I drew up to the under engine cross member {not sure if that's the right name for} so I can pull it up onto a trailer and still push it around, if I need to here, as I take stuff off of it. Here are a few pics:

Crusty looking 289 that apparently ran when the guy bought the car:

Excellant bumper, grill, headlight bezels, hood & trim, etc...:

All the glass is great, chrome trim is great, front fenders are mostly great but for 1 50 cent piece sized rust hole on pass. side down low:

A little rusty above the rear pass. wheel well. All 4 wheel well mouldings are there and great but 1 needs a little work:

Good trunk lid, excellant bumper, UNcracked tail-light lenses, etc..:

NO front suspension, rear tire is back on, all 4 factory hub caps are great:

rear seat is in pretty decent shape-needs cleaned and dyed BLACK {lol}:

Kick panels, door panels are good, dash pad is toast {no surprise there}, dealer installed AC ? :

Once I get it home, I plan on doing pretty much all the disassembly myself {although my daughters and son-in-law in training want to help a bit} as a way of reaquainting myself to working on old cars again. I pretty much felt useless at the last tech day and it was MY car being worked on. I aim to change that a bit.

Whatcha think. Not too bad for $100 or ? Jon
    Last edited by 68FalconSC; May 2nd, 2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: sp
    Jonathon Hass
    Stanwood, WA.
    '68 Falcon Sports Coupe