Thread: Any Electricians in the Audience??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any Electricians in the Audience??

Would one of you electrical geniuses look at how I have wired my rear lights and see if it looks OK. I know a little about some issues but electrical is above my brain capacity. I am using a E-Z Wiring harness. E-Z for some, not me.
    Attached are two scans. One is a pic of the book schematic and the other is a sketch of how I am wiring it. You will have to enlarge the pics to see what I am doing. There are four wires in the harness going to the back lights. The Tail light wire splits off to both tail lights and also splits off to the license light. The Backup wire also splits off to both tail lights. There are of course seperate wires to the Left and Right turn/stop lights.
    I added some notes to my sketch to try and explain the ground wires?? It looks like if I add a ground wire between the tabs that stick out from the tail light back and go to a a common ground and then also add another ground wire between the negative wires that come from the back up light plugs to a common ground that it should work?
    There isn't a ground wire coming from the license plate wire so I am assuming it is a structural ground at the light housing?
    Thanks a bunch for the help. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images