Thread: Greenwood 2007

Greenwood 2007

I just received my invitation to sign up for the Greenwood car show. Shock... The entry fee has increased...to...um...$45!! And THAT'S if you sign up early! $50 if you wait until June to sign up, $65 if you sign up on the day of the show!!

I sure like going there. I may bite the bullet and sign up, but, WOW!! It had better be good.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

I got my email invite too. That's quite a price increase! Last year was $20, $25 and $30. Maybe they're trying to thin out the crowd a little??

I'll sign up but if it doesn't seem twice as good as last year, this may be my last time as a participant.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Just got this in my email. I guess the drastic price increase got some complaints or low registration...

Dear valued car show participant,

It has been brought to our attention that there are pricing apprehensions for the 2007 Greenwood Classic Car and Hot Rod Show. After careful consideration of the valued opinions of past participants and car clubs, we have decided to decrease the entrance fee from $45 to $35, in order to better meet financial concerns.

The $35 entrance fee will be accepted through June 22nd by mail, or online at www.greenwoodsummerevents.com. Day of event submissions will be $40. If you have already submitted your application and fees, you will be refunded the difference of $10.

We truly value your participation, and hope that you will once again be a part of the largest urban car show in the Northwest. Without your continued support and participation this annual event would not be possible.

We thank you for understanding in advance and hope that this price deduction will let you know how important your opinions and participation is to us.

Sincerely,

Natalie Steele
    Assistant Event Coordinator
    Bold Hat Productions
    3503 Phinney Ave. N. Seattle, WA 98103
    Phone: 206.633.0422 Fax: 206.374.8271
    Natalie@boldhatproductions.com

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Refund!

Yeah, I just got my $10 check.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Hi gang,

I won't be entering my Falcon in the show this year but I'll be there for sure to hang out and do some recruiting for the club. If you're going, let me know your plans and I'll send an email to everyone on the forum to let them know.

If I remember, last year we all got in line no later then 7:00 am and the first one in line pulled over and saved a few spots so everyone could park together. I think we parked around 81st but I'm not certain of that.

So if you're going, speak up and I'll do my best to let everyone know about it.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Kenny,

As things stand, I'll be going. And I'll probably be in line by 7AM. If it looks like it's going to be raining ALL DAY LONG... I may reconsider. I'd be out $47 bucks though, so that would be a bummer if it got rained out.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Yeah, I'm going

I'll be going, no matter what!
    Last year, I was in line before 7, as were Caro and Ally. As I recall, we were told there would NOT be any areas reserved for clubs, but they ended up RESERVING areas for some clubs. I staked out an area that turned out to be a reserved area. I got really nervous when they began kicking folks out of the "reserved areas" but they never came around and booted us. Maybe we looked "official" or something.
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

It would have to be real nasty to keep me away, since it seems to trend towards rain in the morning and sunny in the afternoon. So chances are good I should be out there very early. Should we try to meet outside or just look for each other once inside?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"