Thread: Headliner

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Headliner

Well, Roger convinced me to install the headliner before I went on to the window installations.
    So, pushed the car out into the sun to warm the car up. Laid out the HL to get it nice and warm and installed the bows in the corresponding positions.
    Placed the HL into the car with the bows in the holes at each side and the wire hook pulling the #4 bow to slope towards the aft end.
    Using spring clamps I temporarily pulled the HL taught to stretch it out centering the HL in the car. Marked locations on the C/L of the car and there were notches on both ends of the HL for C/L locations.
    Started at the #2 bow and pulled the HL tight to the driver side and using contact cement I attached an area of about 12" long to that side. Then went to the passenger side and did the same thing again.
    Let that area sit for about 2 hours and then glued another 12" on both sides. Those areas are drying now.
    This is a new one for me. But what hasn't been a new experience on this car. Learned quite a bit from the TFFN site. Good pictures and step by step directions. I will follow up with the next steps and screw ups. I am sure there will be several.
    Speaking of screw ups. I made a several hundred dollar one by ordering the wrong windshield for my hardtop. I got the one for the 1960-1965 Sedans and Ranchero's. So if anyone is looking for a brand new windshield let me know. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images