Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Ford Picnic

All Ford Picnic

What's up with the All Ford Picnic? Last year is was on the first weekend in June. I Googled it and it appears to have merged with the Mustang Roundup on July 13-16.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Hi Patrick,

I sent the Goodguy's schedule to Kenny but don't have it on me at the moment. I'm not cerntain, but I'm pretty sure that it's on June 3rd

Thor
    Thor Johnson
    www.flickr.com/photos/sedanman
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

My calendar indicated June 3rd for All Ford Picnic and something called Bullitts in Bellevue during the July 12-15th weekend. I see Bullitts listed a lot though -- almost one a month... I assume this relates to the Mustang in the movie?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Is that an online calendar, Roger? I don't remember seeing anything about Bullits in the goodguy's schedule. I'm pretty sure that is the same weekend as the Mustang Roundup - it's always in mid-July.
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan
    Stock(for now)200 I-6, Lokar shifted C-4, Wedge kit,V-8 coils, dropped granada spindles/discs,GT leaves,3.0 8 inch

Well, according to the calendar that Thor sent me, the Ford Picnic is June 3 and the website http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/ says the Roundup is June 12-15.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I just confirmed from the Early Ford V8 May 2007 newsletter:
    June 3rd
    Annual Ford Picnic
    Bellvue Community
    College - 9:00-4:00

see you there

I'm just about to email the following to everyone subscribed to the forum so I'll post it here as well:

Hi Everyone,

Finally...the first regular show of the season is just around the corner. We generally have a very good turnout to the All Ford Picnic at Bellevue Community College and I hope to see a lot of new faces this year. If you've never been to the show, it's a nice one. There is usually a range of all models of Fords from concourse restorations to diamonds in the rough. Dash Plaques are given to the first 800 car entries. Activities include live music and concessions.The Boys Scouts troop will be selling hot dogs, pop, coffee, and doughnuts and ice cream. There is a lot of space so we generally find an area to park together.

35th Annual All Ford Picnic
    Bellevue Community College
    Admission: $10 (All proceeds are contributed to charities)
    Sunday, June 3

If you want to drive in together, meet at Burger King in the Factoria Mall Parking lot at 9:00 am (arrive earlier if you'll be getting breakfast). Hope to see you there!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Hey Folks,

I'm looking forward to the show this Sunday. This will finally get me motivated to spend Saturday getting all of the winter grime off the Falcon and put my front carpet back in (leaky cowl).

I got an email from Gary and he has to help his son move so he can't make it. For anyone who hasn't been to this show yet, it's really a nice one. Lots of nice Fords from all eras and plenty of shade and grassy areas to rest.

Hope to see a lot of you there!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

I will be there with my "jewel in the rough"... I may even wash it. Sorry to hear Gary can't bring Freddie. I always enjoy their company. His wife is the only Welsh speaker I know. (I don't speak it, I just admire someone who is keeping a dying language alive).

For some reason I almost always miss this show, and I know it's one of the best shows every year. I don't know what it is about the Ford Picnic curse! My computer just crashed and I'm trying to buy a new one and get a zillion other things done before my knee surgery next week. I'll try and stop by if I have time, but no guarantees. Have fun, and I'll see you guys in a month or two!

Thor
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan

My wife and I will be coming to the ford show and was wondering if we will be able to locate you all at the college. I haven't met most of you so will there be a Raniers Falcon club area that I can see? Also I looked up the Bellevue Community college web site and I am not sure where to go since they have several campuses. Thanks

There aren't assigned areas for most so we generally just find a nice spot next to the trees where we can park together. Just look for all of the Falcons. If you're on I-90, take 148th Ave. SE going north and you should see some car show signs. I'm pretty sure there's a gas station where you turn into the campus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I've been known to get lost!

There will be a trailer and some guys taking money and giving out dash plaques. They can point you in the right direction.

Call me at 206.669.9777 (cell) if anyone has last minute questions.

See you there!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    For some reason I almost always miss this show, and I know it's one of the best shows every year. I don't know what it is about the Ford Picnic curse! My computer just crashed and I'm trying to buy a new one and get a zillion other things done before my knee surgery next week. I'll try and stop by if I have time, but no guarantees. Have fun, and I'll see you guys in a month or two!

Thor
    I hope your surgery goes well. Keep us informed. And swing by if you get a few minutes. I'll bring that "Kon Tiki" book I promised you.

Caro called and she and Allie will be there. I told her I'd look at there heater fan that wasn't working. Oh joy! Maybe I'll get to drop the fuse box. That could be a little tech session in itself if there's someone who hasn't done it yet.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

Thanks Kenny. I read an interesting artcle/interview in Barracuda (a hot rod/tiki magazine) about Thor Heyerdal recently and have been wanting to read that book. It would make good reading in between all the movies I'll be watching over the next week or two - it's going to be comcast fever! I still have a little something from my friend's swap meet for you as well.

I think they've changed the entrance to BCC, but it's still on 148th SE near the gas station just north of I-90. Like Kenny said, there's sure to be someone there to direct you towards the show, but they may not know where the falcons are. Just drive around until you see them!
    Thor Johnson
    Low & Slow '64 2dr Sedan

I know, late reply... anyway, just returned from New Orleans yesterday and had just enough time to pull the car out of the garage and clean it up last night. I promised some friends I'd watch their two kids today, so I'll be there with them (it'll be their first car show). Should be fun.

We're going to do the best we can to make it to the Burger King by 9AM, so if anybody reads this this morning and goes there -- hold out leaving until I can get there... if you can. If you can't wait as a group and we're not there yet -- call me on my cell phone 2 0 6 2 9 0 3 0 9 3 and I'll divert directly to the show from wherever I'm at.

Thanks - Roger
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"