Thread: fuel sender unit problems

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    phila Guest

fuel sender unit problems

Hi,
    Just wondering if someone could help me with a bit of advice on my Falcon. (67 club coupe)
    Ive attached a picture of the fuel level sender unit. Since I've had my car the gas guage on the dash has never indicated above empty. I drained the tank and removed the unit yesterday. I checked the circuit and contact etc and, while out of the tank, it worked properly. I was able to get the Gas guage to register full on the dash by actuating the float arm while I had it connected. I re-installed the unit and refilled the tank to about 1/3 to 1/2 full and for some reason it still doesnt register past empty again. The pin does move a bit but stops at the empty line.... The only thing I can think of is that the float itself is getting saturated. Can someone tell me if this is possible or if they have experienced the same symptoms? ..
    If its just the float bubble I will try to get a replacement. I'm in Australia and the replacement sender units here are not the same so I cant just buy one of ours ....
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    regards
    phil a
    Attached Images Attached Images