Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wagon build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Headliner

Cleaned up the bows and inserted them into the new headliner. The living room floor was the only area large enough to lay it all out.

Glad I marked the bows when removing them. They all have different contours.

Now I'm letting the headliner "relax" in the basement next to my two wheeled flock. the plan is a Sunday morning installation. I'm not sure Kenny and I know what we are in for... wish us luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will be very interested in your results. I am going to attempt all this myself as well. Headliners scare me. I want to try and do my own door panels and so forth. Keep me (us) posted. Good luck

Jeff - you have a few toys yourself there. Didn't know you were into motorcycles. And cool ones too.

And yes, please take lots of pictures when you put that in. I someday hope to do this in my wagon. And will do the Ranchero too, now. It's got a nifty headliner in it right now. Pictures to come, I'm sure, of that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger I thought the custom western Naugahyde headliner was the key selling point for you?? After all the visors match??

I'm going to have a go at my own door panels as well. For $30 I bought the three yards material. Used some for my wind lace and have plenty to make some door panels. Here is a sample I was goofing around with. I found that a piece flat bar stock in a 400 F oven (I was making Pizza at the time) made a factory perfect impression in the vinyl.

The secret is covering the material with one layer of tin foil to keep the vinyl from sticking to the metal.

I'll work on some kind of falcon brand to give the panels a unique, but period look.

jeff,,I forgot to ask at the swap meet the other day, how your wagon is comming ? how did the paint come out ?
    john h

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    jeff,,I forgot to ask at the swap meet the other day, how your wagon is comming ? how did the paint come out ?
    john h

Your question couldn't have been timed better... Kenny and I just picked it up from the body shop an hour ago.

It's all the same color now and the tailgate shows no sign of bubbles.
    There are a few tiny issues but I am much happier with it this time around than last. He even squatted down a bit more on the repaint (I asked him to) and put good coverage on the rockers and wheel well lips.

I can't wait to start putting the shiny stuff back on.

Jeff,

Your car has rear facing seats?

I wish I was as far as you are right about now.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I never posted the pictures showing my custom beltline (window fuzzies).

Like Roger, I didn't like the poor sealing action that the factory fuzzies provide.

I bought bulk window seals from Restoration Specialties & Supply.

• Outside Beltline with the stainless bead PN: YM1599
    • Inside beltline (similar to OEM fuzzy material) PN:YM52RP
    For mounting the outside belt I drilled holes in the belt that lined up with the original holes meant for the clips and secured with stainless pan head screws with a washer and nut on the inside.

It took some dremmel trimming to modify the belt trim to fit around the door brace and the pivot for the wing window. I also had to trim some of the rubber to match end profiles and where it meets the division bar. Easy to do, just took some measuring and confidence when cutting into a $40 stick (96" long).

It ran about $140 to do the four windows - stock fuzzies would have been a lot less work and about 1/2 the cost. For me blocking 90% of the water that used to disappear into the door was worth the price.

I am happy how they came out.

Pictures don't do it justice. And the stainless bead adds a nice touch. I'm in the process of doing mine right now. The back windows are in and I'm ready to start cutting the driver's side tomorrow.

Time will tell but I think these will last a good long time and keep a lot of water out!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I have done a couple of test fits on my van with the sample you gave me, it seems like the way to go. Looks like the trim around the wing window posts worked out real well.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

So Jeff... you use new style on the outside and regular fuzzies on the inside?

I'm just about to look at doing this again... I bought something a couple months ago, but have not looked close at it yet. Yours, going full length outside, looks really nice.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"