Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steve, I don't imagine spending more than a half hour hacking off those quarter panels (famous last words, I know). But yeah, with Patrick's rear-end and mine and 4 wheels, and 4 backing plates (and I think that's it from me - I'll paint the rest), that's probably more time blasting than coating... me thinks.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; January 10th, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Oh and before I forget, as I tend to do sometimes -- a big thanks, a muchos gracias, goes to Gene for cruising over here the other day and bringing me 4 factory Ford rims for the Ranchero - and helping me haul that 8" rear-end up the hill. He's the man!

And pretty soon Gene, I'll be calling you to take you up on that offer you made to assist in the floor replacement (which includes practically stripping this to nothing). I have almost everything here to start that, shy of just getting it over into the garage. Real soon now.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I got the punkin pulled out of mine today and started draining the molasses out of it. Clearly had just about reverted back to crude. I'll put a quart of solvent in there and slosh it around a bit and it should be "oil-less" by then.

Gene - as soon as I have the wagon in a temporary place, I'll be sure you get notice. But you are still up for going to Steve's on the 26th though, right?
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; March 3rd, 2011 at 09:08 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I spent the second half of the day today out cleaning the axle housing of the goo it had inside and out and then cleaning the backing plates and pumpkin. I'll blast the backing plates at work.

During the week I will have the two tires removed from two of the rims Gene gave me so they are ready. I hope to have the headliner in this week to have some idea of the red to coat those. Will bring with. I think that's what I'm going to do.

I picked up some 14" stainless trim rings and some nice stainless poverty caps from an early Meteor at the swap meet Saturday. They'll look really nice against red wheels.

So far it's just me an Gene - unless anyone else is wanting to cruise over there on Saturday with us. Steve, let's play it by ear. I'm inclined to do the remaining cutting first to get it over with, then do the powder coating.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; January 10th, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"