Aw come-on Gene, "you are the club I know." But yeah, to say the least, I too was a bit saddened by the lack of response for this tech day(s). But oh well, what ya gonna do. I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think the two of us, or even me by myself, couldn't have accomplished the task. I'm in your debt, Gene, for the use of your garage and elbow grease.

Here it is.

20190704_120558.jpg

Found out (after it started and ran like crapola) the builder used a 351W cam, which required a quick re-route of the spark plug wires (different firing order), so will have to scrutinize the plug wires again to get them routed the way I like. But it ran so much better afterward. It was getting late in the day and, as Gene indicated, I only did a quick "round the block" test drive before hitting the road.

Should have maybe looked around the motor more before I left. I found this sitting on the headers and steering box. I'll get it back to you, Gene, when I come back to get the 289 left-overs.

20190704_120656.jpg

There is still an issue with the clutch (slave?) or I still have some air in the system. Cool/cold, the pedal disengages the clutch nicely. When I got home the wife wanted to go for a ride and I found the clutch to be only partially disengaging the clutch. Of course, no way to look at it without a flat spot on concrete where I can jack it up.