Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

It's a beautiful thing... Can I drop mine off and pick it up when it is done?? This body work is definitely not my forte. Guys at the body shop gave me some good pointers so back to the sanding boards. I hope your's goes better as far as the body work stuff....

Body work? What's that?

I've decided to just paint fake rips and tears into it and call it good. Maybe have something living poking its head through the tears - eating a Chevy or something.

And yeah... you can come by any.... time.... to grab this stuff before it sinks into the ground any further.

And that reminds me - I need to contact Dave. Need to get the 62 headlight doors he found to go with the 62 grill I got from him.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Just so you know I'm not slacking...

... here's where I am today. All the wiring is done. I have a couple connections under the dash to connect when I hook up the heater, and then I'll stick a battery in it, put some gas in the tank, and see what happens. Probably do that over the long weekend.

Gene stopped by yesterday after visiting with Pat at his place for a while and we got the floor deadening sheets in and the carpet shoved in. Tonight I trimmed the front half and burned all the holes for the seat bolts. Will do the back half later. I need to look at making mounts for the center console before I get too carried away with that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Looks great Roger glad that the carpet is black ...... red carpet would be WAY to bright...lol
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Yeah, I looked at the interior on a lot of cars and they always seem to keep everything the same colors. Lots of the same colors.

I opted, since it is intended to be a driver (yes, that is still the intention) to go with darker colors on the carpet, door panels, dash pad, etc. The seats are red though as is the paint and headliner. So red high, black low. Should be interesting to see in the next few days as it continues to go together (quickly). 4-day weekend will help.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

The forum is pretty slow these days - so I'll post a couple pictures. Some may look like repeats, but there are differences.

I have all the wiring done and got the dash installed, but found I had to have the dash pad installed first, so did that today. I should be able to put some water in the block, gas in the tank, cross my fingers and toes, and see if I can get it running. That will be my goal for Monday. I'll check all the wiring at the same time.

Wish me luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

You do great work! It looks very nice. Alot better than it looked when you pulled it in there
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I like it Roger, look fantastic. No one would believe that is the same car you guys joy rode from my place back to Seattle. I hope you enjoy the heck out of it. You deserve it after all that hard work. Let us know how it runs!!!

It's running again as of Monday and seems to run well. Its using the stock Duraspark II bits and after a quick 180 degree dizzy reversal and a starter rebuild - it fired right up. Have some pics, but need to transfer them.

I'm now working on the doors because I need to have them in to move it outside. And secure it. Called Steve last night. Could use a blaster on some of that.
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; September 9th, 2011 at 08:00 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"