Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Well, I didn't come even close to my 4-month plan. But I did a lot more to it then I originally intended.

It's a Chip Foose Overhaulin episode - multiplied my months instead of days. It will be 7 months on Oct 3rd from the day I pulled it into the garage. And my "A" team was Gene and Steve (remote support). We did pretty good if you ask me.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Don't give me too much credit. All I did was supply a couple of crappy cars, some replacement parts, and some sandblasting and powder coating. OK I guess you can put one of my stickers on your car if you want. Just kidding, wouldn't want to clutter up that clean machine with a bunch of adds...
    Looks very very nice. Now hurry up and finish so we can get mine done. How much pizza and beer does it take to get a sanding party going?? Body work blows...
    Sorry back to the topic, when will you have the fenders and hood painted and on so you can cruise?? Is that the reason for the week off to finish it?

OK then Steve - you were my "B" team.

I'm working a bit on the hood right now. Ground out all the rust and spread some POR15 on the worst of it. It really isn't the best hood in the world. I may just mask off the underside and use the bed coating there too. Would cover a multitude of sins.

Will post pictures after the meeting, maybe.

I took the week off because I needed a vacation, but yes, it was also to try and get this over to "the other side."
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; September 22nd, 2011 at 10:19 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Crap we forgot to go out to the house when you were here. I have 2 more hoods out there that are in better shape than the ones of either of those cars. One is the hood I re-skinned, came out pretty good just need to weld up the back edge. The other was the one I was going to use on the delivery till that guy showed up at my shop with that pristine one.
    Either hood is your if you want it. maybe through the one you have on it for now till I can get these to you?? Both are in powder primer so rusting is not an issue. Just need a little love with the filler...

It was a crazy day - no pun intended. No worries. I spent all day yesterday before the meeting cleaning it up and grinding away a lot of the rust scale. It's really not too bad... for a driver.

I brushed on a lot of POR-15 just before the meeting and then after the meeting last night sprayed it with bed-liner for that "custom look."

Took more than an hour to get the latch pin extracted. Sort of "warpred" the spring with the torch. Will probably need those parts replaced now. Used a lot of heat to get that to loosen.

Will have to look at the other hoods when we can meet up again.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Hood pics

Still need a picture with the coating on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Dude that post area is nasty. Both the hoods I have are good in that area. They just need some luvin where the paint goes on!!
    I need to get to work on mine so I can get my count up??

These are the two I have. Your choice. First 2 pics are the stock hood, and the second 2 pics are the one I re-skinned. Both have good post areas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gene and I already put the one I had on yesterday. I'll roll with that a while. Don't let those go and next time you come here or I go there bring or I'll look.

As of last night I'm fighting over-worn window regulators and though I started out with two cars I only have one set of regulators. The drivers side is in free-run mode with the window brake spring and internals shot. I found a regulator with worn teeth in the gears in the gray tub, with a good-ish brake spring, but the gear/shaft parts were rusted together. So I'm soaking them in CLR to see if I can get them apart. Ford should have allocated this as a lube point... somehow.

While I was dinking with taking those apart, Gene came by and installed my steering wheel and shifter.

Seat on the drivers side, hood latch and catch - I'm down the road.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"