Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

I know it's been a while since I posted anything. Have been working on it though... almost every day. Getting closer.

Last week, with Gene's help, I lowered the rear panel into the bed and got it all glued and bolted into place... not to come out again without a lot of heartache. There were a few places between bolts that wanted to bulge, so I had to rig up some method to hold them down until the glue cured. I'm using Loctite Polyurathane roof sealant here, which is also what I used on the underside of the car. Takes a few days to cure, but seems very tough. The bed is the last thing I will clean up before I take it over to Line-X or Rhino-liners to get the bed sprayed. Mostly all done with a wire-wheel and some hammer paint. Easy-peasy.

I have the weatherstripping and the windless in now, as well as the beltline weatherstip similar to what Jeff and Kenny used. I glued mine in, so I have been letting that glue cure before I roll up the window. It's pretty stiff material, so I hope it stays glued down.

The past few days I've been working on getting the tunes all hooked up. Possibly tonight I'll be able to fire that off and get it tuned and adjusted to my liking. As you recall from my summer pictures I now have a speaker box tucked up under the bed in that wasted empty space (hence the need to seal it all off from above). The picture shows how I mounted the amps and rear speakers. I have a piece of red vinyl the same as the roof and will make a curtain for over all this so it can't be seen from outside.

Then it's onto the door panels, which are ready to go in, and then the tune-up on the motor to make it run right. And ta-da! it'll be ready for front-end alignment and bed liner.... and prime-time.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

WOW! Can't wait to hear it.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Nice job! Your wagon's gonna get jealous!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Im already jealous!!!!! Gotta yank my generator out, and do something with my tunes, and door panels, and.........
    Great work Roger!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

One would never know what that car looked like when it left my driveway. Can I have it back now?? I'll trade you a 62 V-8 chero and a 65 6 cyl one for it!!!
    All I have left to do is ........ EVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    WOW! Can't wait to hear it.
    You mean you didn't hear it last night? It sounds AWESOME and I haven't even tweaked it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by redfalken
    Nice job! Your wagon's gonna get jealous!!
    It's only jealous right now because it is sitting out under the ghetto garage in the freezing cold. Soon it will be back in the garage snuggy and warm(er) and snickering at the freezing Flarechero.

Quote Originally Posted by BillP 98201
    Im already jealous!!!!! Gotta yank my generator out, and do something with my tunes, and door panels, and.........
    Great work Roger!
    Thanks Bill! When you're ready to upgrade your tunes... or anything else... just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by doghows
    One would never know what that car looked like when it left my driveway. Can I have it back now?? I'll trade you a 62 V-8 chero and a 65 6 cyl one for it!!!
    All I have left to do is ........ EVERYTHING
    They need only look at the first page of this thread. I can hardly believe what I've done in these few short months (though I am only 5 months overdue). And NO! you can't have it back. I don't think I have it in me to do this again - this soon. After something like this I'll need at least 5 years off. You'll soon have yours back from paint, and then it can go as fast or as slow as you want it to go. We'll have to throw a put-it-together party... on the condition that your lovely wife prepares a feast like the last one. I think we could get the whole club to come to that. It was awesome! We were reminiscing just the other day....
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

No problem. I will plan if for spring when it is warm. I have plenty of room for camping. Hopefully I can get enough parts and stuff together by then.

Door panels

As I indicated months ago (seems like years ago) I bought aftermarket door panels off ebay for $80 a pair. Far cry cheaper than factory looking panels. I worked some on putting those on last night. I have the driver's side on completely, and will be adding the 4 screws you see in the picture to the passenger side. The holes behind the panels don't come close to the holes in the doors. The holes for the arm rests and window crank are fine, just not the retainer clips. So 4 stainless screws will help hold it on. Jury's still out, but it's not too bad looking. The arm rests were donated to the car out of the wagon at Steve's house. That car lives on in many ways.

Rolled up the windows into the new fuzzies too last night after a week of letting the glue cure. Stiff stuff, but it should keep the interior of the door a lot drier. The doors sound so.... solid. Though with the issues I discovered on the passenger side of the car, that door may forever shut hard.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"