Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

OK.. that was not my motor

...This is the motor I'm putting in.

The transmission is the C4 I received from Steve when I bought the Rancheros and I have put a B&M shift kit into it. I have the same Dougs headers like Gene has (except for automatic and not 4-speed) and a set of Pypes stainless dual exhaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    Roger, count me in.... I will help you.... jh
    Cool - the more the merrier.

Of course I know you all think I can swap a motor blind-folded and with one arm tied behind my back (not sure how those nasty rumors start), but sometimes I really do like to have help too.

Last edited by Luva65wagon; October 24th, 2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Count me as a maybe. I'll probably need to leave by 1, enough to get the heavy lifting done.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Aw... you could have just surprised me by showing up like you did last week at Steve's. Hope you can make it if even for that long. I suspect by then we'd have the new motor sitting in the bay.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Maybe I will be the token Surprise guy from now on.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Roger, where did you get the headers? do you have the number, they make a ton of them and I don't recall what gene's look likejh

I got Dougs Tri-Y model D660YA. I got mine off of Amazon for $549. Places like Summit wanted almost $100 more for them. They fit so nicely on Gene's I figure I can't go wrong. Knock on wood.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

But his is a 64, so I guess we will see on sat. I really dread trying to remove mine to get the heads off or removing the motor. mine are hedman shorties and they don't fit that well...jh

Here is the link to what my headers look like (you hafta scroll down) and they fit fairly tight. Had a small issue of DS hitting the steering box. Roger added a small spacer to the the DS motor mount to tip the motor a bit and all is well. Still haven't added a spacer to PS, but the tilt is barely noticeable and (I think) only if you are aware of it.

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...mithkid&page=9
    Last edited by SmithKid; October 24th, 2013 at 07:26 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Ahh!

John, Gene has a '65, but not sure it matters much for headers. But have not tried.

Anyway, did anyone hear that hiccup that occurred here tonight? I was cleaning up the spacer plate that goes between the engine and transmission (the engine came with an FMX tranny) and was gonna verify the flex plate and starter engagement. So I pulled the new flex plate out (it too came with the motor) bolted it onto the torque converter and realized the spacer plate was smaller than would fit the bell housing. The new flex plate (164 tooth) is correct for the transmission I got from Steve, but I need either a different C4 bell housing and a 157 tooth flex plate to use my spacer plate or I need the larger spacer plate.

Does anyone here have spare C4 parts laying around I can buy off of them?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"