Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

I'll be there. Come on by sometime after 10... just in case I work late tonight. I may not set an alarm in the morning.

The mount is done. Brought it to work to do some heavy-duty welding to it. So that'll get painted tonight. I'll post pictures of the monstrosity later.

Gene came by last night and helped me (watched me, I mean) pump oil all over the floor. Oops. I forgot to plug off the oil-pressure line fitting. Oil pump works though. He also installed my valve covers and thermostat housing.

We also drilled a new hole 1/8" NPT into the intake for the stock temp sender and I can have the mechanical temp sender finally hooked up now too.

Still finding things I need. Have to get a hose connector to intake for heater hose and something to actuate the tranny kick-down. Lokar, I guess. They want an awful lot for a bike cable with ends attached to it. May ponder something of my own?

More to come.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Kick-down? a V8 dont need no kick-down, just put your foot in it, after all its a lite car . I never had a kick-down in mine. if that dont keep the GM behind you shift it down with by hand...

Engine Swap Party

I had the lokar kickdown cable on mine with the C4. Worked great and easy to install. Before I rebuilt the car it didn't have a kickdown cable. I liked it much better with it, but, that just may be me. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

roger, is there fire and smoke yet?

I think Roger's still working on it. Lots of stuff had to be fabricated and took more time than planned. So I'll post a pic I took late this afternoon. It's gettin' close.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

I'm going to have a kick-down - one way on another. Adds a lot to drivability, I think. Will likely go with Lokar, but still letting my mind wrap around a possible fabrication of my own. Maybe electronic... not.

Yep, Gene has been there through much of this - I really appreciate his assistance. Thank you Gene! Thanks again to John for the assistance dropping it in, and my brother-in-law Rich. Bill Williams and Larry also dropped by last weekend and had a look.

It's fought me almost at every step, but it's turning out really nice. Actually spun it over just to check it is doing that, but told Gene he would be around for the official firing. Seems only right. Had to fabricate a gas pedal, but used one I found out of a '67 Mustang Gene and I happened upon at Pick-n-Pull. Worked well after making an adapter for the arm in the engine bay.

My GF is back from her 2-week vacation and sadly I missed it being done by about 1 full day, which means I gotta squeeze in a few evenings to get 'er done.

I have just the shifter and exhaust to do yet, but I have the shifter about 50% re-worked. Hacking up an older Mustang shifter and putting it under the carpet and will use the 4-speed shift boot and trim to go over the shift rod. There will be no indicator of what gear you are in, but the detents are for the C4, and if you don't know what gear you are in - you shouldn't be driving it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"