Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Where is the world do you find the time??? After a 12hr day Saturday and finish the honey do's, all I got to do was look at my car as I passed by it for tools and supplies..
    Looks awesome, and after seeing it in person I know how much work you have into that old girl. Keep it going and we will be a your place soon doing final assembly.
    2 thumbs up.

I worked until 11PM on Friday night and it only took me about 6 hours to do the Jag cap (it'll take another 6 hours to get it to look good with the bodywork). I've got plenty of time!

And the one and only benefit of being honey-less is not having a honey-do list. Dishes, vacuuming, yard work? I'll get to them when I get to them....

Jeff- I gave Kenny the hose section and boy, I'll tell you, that is a pain to put on this thing. I even tried using my press. Sprayed it with soapy water. Spread extra slick assembly lube on both parts. Nothing let it "slide on." I eventually got the best results just placing the hose over the thing - setting it on the floor - grabbing a rubber mallet - opening the top - and whacking it 100 times. Got it on to within about 1/2" of full-on with a good 1.5" of engagement. I have the hole in the bracket big enough for the hose - will install the clamp once it is in the hole.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Nice tour of the shop yesterday evening and my intro into metal fab. The Ranchero is definitely coming along nicely. Keep up the good work, here are a couple of action shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BPVan; April 19th, 2011 at 09:09 PM.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Looks like the turbo powered engine was working overtime in that engine bay?? Soon it will be time to put in those red seat you got..

Haven't been slacking on this, but have not taken a lot of time to photo things lately.

Mostly just working on final welding of the floor pans and grinding stuff down. I did start working on the rotting shifter hump, but sort of wanted to take a couple days off on all the pounding needed to make all this stuff fit. But you can see it with the patch piece welded on and I will now heat it and form it to shape.

Today I spent the day working on getting the seat mounts and weld-in thread plates for the new seats. Look close and see if you can figure out what I used to make the seat mounts from.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I am going to take a shot in the dark here, but from the serial number on one I am thinking inner fender pieces???
    Looking good Roger will you have yours on the road before Gene?? (haha)
    I shaved all my door handles this weekend and now more bodywork.

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Today I spent the day working on getting the seat mounts and weld-in thread plates for the new seats. Look close and see if you can figure out what I used to make the seat mounts from.
    Ooooh Ooooooh Mr Kotter, "Shock Tower Brace"

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding - You are correct Mr. Horshack.

And see, I maintained the VIN number. It will still be in the car - though I'm going to have to put these in above and not under the carpet. The first one took me about 5 hours to think through... and the second took a little over an hour. And looks so much better.

I took a bunch of stuff to blast at work today and the linkage for the gas pedal was quite a patchwork. I think I will look for a good cable pedal at the Pick-a-Part... while I'm at it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"