Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Part out party

Quote Originally Posted by EdsFunny View Post
    That last post came out less funny than I intended.
    No offense taken - I'm a bit too sensitive about my 7 day a week work schedule, I think.
    Only 7 days a week? Gosh, that sounds great! I think I'm on about day 783. I can't even get away from work while I'm in Sequim parting out a Ranchero!

And FWIW, I was pretty sure you were just [playing] trying to make me feel bad. But I did feel bad. A real DOH! moment.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    Roger that card in the spokes you were hearing was the drives haft rubbing on the floor. We probably had too much weight in the back for those old weak springs. Did you leave the headlights on bright??? I always did just for the reason you described.
    I am glad you made it home without too much trouble other than noises and Kenny's snoring??
    I've not had a chance to look under the car. Yesterday I had to drive out to Kent and pick up a "car-load" of new Falcon parts I bought from a forum member who got rid of his wagon, but not with the parts. He posted here a couple years ago, and I replied then, but I spaced that out too. I bought all of it from him and one of those things was new leaf springs, which will go under the Ranchero.

But as for the noise frequency, it was about that fast - but gee, it wasn't too bad once we got off your street onto 101 and all the way to the ferry. Once we got off the ferry, it was constant almost. Kenny may have snored, but I wouldn't have heard him.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

The only other thing I can think of is it has that humming noise when she gets up to about 65 mph. That is more of a harmonics noise??
    Good to hear you got a load of "good" stuff to help put her back together I know she went to a good home or I would not have let it go. Let me know if you ever have an assembly party and I will be there. Thanks again Steve..

Naw... this was clearing something rubbing. I've been up working since about 3:30 this morning, so since it's not raining right now I'm going to go have a look-see underneath.

Have the rest of the floor pans on order now. Oh joy.

As for the other wagon you have - does it have rain gutter stainless - or did you already get that for your delivery? I think it would be cool to have that on the Ranchero -- you just have to cut it to length! If not - oh well.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

65! (I missed that before).

I don't think I ever got it above 50! It was white knuckling the whole way at that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Don't be scared, that car runs like a dream compared to the gray one.
    I did take the drip rail stainless off that wagon. What ever set I don't use you are welcome to it. Both were in good shape so should be plenty to cover the chero.
    Remember with these old cars you have to heard them down the road not drive them???

I found out what was rubbing and where, but not yet sure why. Seems the driveline (just about directly under the seat) is hitting on the a part of the tunnel. It's really close. What I think might be happening in the back-end of the tranny needs to be shifted over. Not sure how yet, but I will. It's almost hard-up against one side and has 3+ inches on the other.

The new leaf springs are 2.5" and the ones on the Ranchero are 2" - so that's going to give it a lot of boost. I didn't realized (I didn't remember if you told me) that is had air-shocks. Probably should have added some air to these before we drove away.

I was out clearing the bed of parts and putting things away - and poking at holes in the floor. It's going to be fun. As soon as I have all the parts here to go crazy on it -- I'm going to go crazy on it. I have a "plan."

As for the stainless, I'll use whatever you reject. I don't really care how good it is.

I do realize now that I didn't get a few things when we left. Still wanted to get the wiring under the dash of the gray car and I left the '62 grille and headlight rings there somewhere. I'll probably be taking another run out there sooner rather than later after all. If I do, I may cut off the quarter panels from the Ranchero.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"