Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Part Out Party - Part Two

Roger I think I have your drain plug here for the rear axles we coated?? I will set it aside so it will be easy to locate.

Thot I'd post a picture of my blue wheel after it was in the oven. This is my spare wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Gene-

Why are you sans pants in the reflection of your wheel photo?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by BillP 98201 View Post
    That cupholder looks great Roger! Ya say its from the 60s?
    Im gonna have to keep my eye out...... Its either something like that or make one from wood. I need a place for my coffee!
    Bill - I don't think you'd want to afford this thing - though I don't know yet how I'll use it. I paid more for it that I should have.

There is no date stamp on it, it just seem like I've not seen anything like this in steel for a long time.

In my wagon I bought one of those ashtray cup holders they sell to slide in the ashtray slot, but I didn't like it there, so I wrapped the slide-in part in anti-skid material - and set it just under the passenger seat edge. Stays put and is hidden a little.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

OK. I'll bite. Point out to me how you (and Jeff) see these kind of reflections in photos that have none. What have I been missing? Have you and Jeff contracted a rare disease? You both might be afflicted with extreme "Falconitis"? This may be associated with "round bodies"? When that foto was taken I was out in my garage with the door open, and was definately not "flashing" the neighborhood.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

OK...sorry for the off topic but I couldn't help it. Gene, it's an old internet legend (maybe??) where someone posts to eBay. And they don't notice the reflection shows more than most want to see...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Oh yea, the wheels really look great! I'm gonna have to do mine some day. I really like the trim ring/center cap combo where some of the color shows through.

Does the powder coat chip every time you pop the wheel cover off and on? My paint does and then the rust starts...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

LOL Kenny

Thats a great example Kenny!!!!!!

Thanks for the info Roger...... puttin cups in the console is makin me nervous....lol
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I love that cup holder also. If not for the complicated drawn rings around the round cup holes, it looks fairly easy to duplicate. Can't wait to see it in person.

Maybe you can make a little pillow cushion to put under it so it can ride in the seat next to you. Shame to leave it in the garage.

Sorry Gene, I couldn't help myself.

Here's a couple more pics of the cup holder with some stickers I applied to it. Quick picture phone shots - sorry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"