Thread: Headers

Headers

So it doesn't look like the stock 5.0 headers will clear the inner shock tower?? (Bummer) What have you guys with V-8's done for headers?? I am looking for a good set at a good price. I would even be interested in a good used set if anyone has some. I can ceramic coat them myself. I've seen them in Summit but $600 for a set if out of the question. Budget is getting very tight right now. Thanks..

I have Hedman Elite 88408 shorties on mine. I needed the shorties to be compatible with the RRS steering setup.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-88408/

Here are the same headers in standard grade tubing and without the coating.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-88400/
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Nice price even for the coated ones. Thanks for the tip those will be on the next parts order.

They make them in stainless steel to for about $1500.
    Patrick Brown

Hey, patrick what kind of heads do you have? will those headers work with edelbrock alum. heads? thanks john h .....PS how is the injection project going?

I have these headers (the Hedman Elite) on Edelbrock Performer RPM heads.

The injection is good. The fuel part is finished. I'm working on the EDIS ignition now.
    Patrick Brown

Patrick, I got a set of those headers today and just wondered do they fit well? or do I need a big hammer, they look really close, the gaskets look like they were made to fit a 221-260 exhaust port..it was time for headers on my car years ago, anything I need to know?? thanks john h

Quote Originally Posted by falcon cobra View Post
    Patrick, I got a set of those headers today and just wondered do they fit well? or do I need a big hammer, they look really close, the gaskets look like they were made to fit a 221-260 exhaust port..it was time for headers on my car years ago, anything I need to know?? thanks john h
    My right side header went in easily from above. It took maybe five minutes.

The other side was a bit more of a challenge. It was hitting the steering box. I beat on it with a 2lb hammer but it wouldn't go. I ended up modifying the header flange. I took it to Jim Green's Performance and had them build up the flange with weld and then re-machine the flange by a couple of degrees to kick the collector in about 1/2". It is still a bit of a headache to get that one in. It must go in from the bottom and snake in past the bell housing and steering box. Pulling the pitman arm would make it a lot easier.
    Patrick Brown

Oh that don't sound good, maybe since you [ patrick ] have done this before you would like to help do the drivers side and I will buy all the dick's burgers you can eat in a day....OK....john

Mmmmmm.... Hamburgers.

I really think mine was a fluke. Many people have used these on Falcons without mods. I'll help you out if you like.
    Patrick Brown