Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monroe Swap Meet - May 13, 14, 15

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Monroe Swap Meet - May 13, 14, 15

This thread it for keeping in touch regarding the Monroe Swap Meet. If anyone is planning to attend this in participation with the club, or are planning to deliver parts there or to my house the week before the meet, you can post your intentions or questions here.

Brief details are:

• Friday is setup day. I will use the "club hauler" to transport as much as it will hold. A volunteer or two is appreciated to help on this Friday. I'll be taking the day off, so others of you who are retired or can also take a day off work, please let me know.

• Driving onto the fair grounds requires a pass, which we have one of. If you can't deliver your items to me before, you will be able to contact me to meet you on the road on Friday or early Saturday to drive in.

• Items sold should be marked with a price, if possible, and initialed with your initials -- so money can be apportioned correctly. The club will withhold a small percentage (to be determined) to offset expenses and to add funds to the treasury for our future Regional attempt.

• Being a club event means we need members to manage the booth both days. Please indicate what day you can attend and for how long.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Luva65wagon; March 23rd, 2011 at 11:06 PM.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'll probably be carpooling with Jeff and we usually do a Saturday trip. I don't have anything big to sell but I'll bring a box or two.

And I'll make 5 or 6 of the hubcap clocks like the one from the raffle we had tonight. All the proceeds will go to the club. Just need to decide on a price.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I will work all day Saturday (with a break to walk and buy).

Nice Clock... we need to hang them somehow.

Jeff

Roger, do you think any of the left over parts I have would do any good at the meet? If so I would be willing to donate them to the club to sell. The club could keep any moneys made from them. Just not sure if any of it is worth hauling. I would get them to you some how. Steve

Steve,

I'm not 100% sure what spare parts you have. I don't think anyone would want what's left of the wagon at this point.

What do you have left over?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I saved all the trim from the inside of the wagon?? Couple of old single barrel carbs. Two 7" rear axles. assorted transmissions. Not sure if any of it is worth hauling and or selling off, but thought I would ask.
    Also I have about 8-10 wheels that are all 4 lug, just the stock steel type. Otherwise it is off to become BMW parts (haha)..

Swap meet

I'll be swinging by with some stuff to sell in the morning! Both auto and non-auto goodies!

Joanna

Saturday Booth Confirmation

Kenny, Jeff and Pat will be arriving right @ 8:00 when the gates open to help fine-tune any set-up and man the booth with Roger.

Anyone else that shows up will be great releif and allow the others to walk and buy.

I will be bringing in some boxes from Brian as well as other items to sell... all on a little Willy Wagon.

Oh - Roger - did we get that same booth location as in past years?

What's the plan for Sunday? What time do you plan to close down?
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The show slows up at about 1PM and closes at 2PM. Things start getting real cheap, if they do, on Sunday about noon.

I have cleaned up the truck, loaded up a bunch of bins of stuff, and will play musical trucks in the morning to start loading in things. I plan to leave my place around 1PM - no later.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"